Might be Getting One Fina - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech
Reload this Page >

Might be Getting One Fina

Notices
General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Might be Getting One Fina

Old 12-21-2003, 01:06 AM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

Default Might be Getting One Fina

well, not for sure. I posted about this close to a month ago, a 2.3 turbo 93 stang (http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=151282923). I was checking out old fords on cctol.com and i came across it again. still hadn't sold. my dad kinda was iffy about it before but now he seemed more receptive to it. i wrote down some questions i had about it and he called the guy up. i just got back from checking it out. seems he bought it from a guy who did all the work. he built up the regular 2.3 with SVO forged pistons, all that. got a nice intercooler setup. problems were somewhat minimal except the AC is having trouble (but this can be a good negotiation tool). paint was a little crappy, buti can deal. also there were some holes in the sunroof that seemed to be filled with silicone. it's got a flowmaster to Y-pipe so he saidpeople mistake it for a5.0 all the time. it's got a T5tranny from a V8 so it can take the beating. he took us for a ride up to the gas station and it could haul pretty good. i was quite impressed and god i love the sound of that turbo screamin. on the way back we were at a light with an old 67 cougar...i'm not sure if it was a full blown race, but he put the cougar about a car behind him up to 50 or 60. it was really cool. also, there's a ricer tach with a shift light but its not hooked up. there's also a boost gauge and air/fuel (??) gauge on the a-pillar. got some pretty new tires with 17" cobra r's. looks pretty sick.</P>

damn im excited...i think he'll be pretty receptive to lower prices seeing as it's been on there at least a month, not to mention the AC problem. this car would |20&gt;X&lt;&gt;X&lt;0|2. hope it all works out cause its a sweet ride and insurance will be next to nothing.</P><edited><editID>Jugador</editID><editDate>37975.9221412037</editDate></edited>
Old 12-21-2003, 01:29 AM
karma279
2nd Gear Member

Sweet! Good luck Jug..... </P>

(just looked at the pic... it looks good)</P><edited><editID>karma279</editID><editDate>37975.937662037</editDate></edited>
Old 12-21-2003, 01:30 AM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

thanks...its so pimp! it's a 20 footer, but with some paint it would look hella sweet.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:39 AM
karma279
2nd Gear Member

Like I told the guy with the paint question.... Do the prep work yourself and you will save a lot of money. Just have a shop spray it (prime, base, clear). It's not that hard if you don't need body work. I dunno... the shops around here will spray 'em cheap if they are ready for paint.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:41 AM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

cool, thanks for the tip. if i get it i'll need to save up some cause i gotta pay all my money to get the car. actually my parents will match my 1700, but that still blows all my cash. lol
Old 12-21-2003, 01:50 AM
karma279
2nd Gear Member

No doubt! Good luck.</P>
Old 12-21-2003, 03:33 AM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

ohh yeah, i think he said it runs like 10-11 psi...i wonder if there's a way to crank that up!
Old 12-21-2003, 02:08 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

juggie..glad to see the paper route is paying off*L*..I know I'll sleep good knowing Juggie is behind the wheel of any car*L*not!
Old 12-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

ha ha ha
Old 12-21-2003, 02:54 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

hey you know that's not a bad lookin little stang. i'd go for it, ida been happy as hell with that as a first car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Might be Getting One Fina

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.