General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Starting to not like American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:29 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Yes, Tony took care of my order.

I'm going to bum rush the UPS guy when he gets here today.
Awesome! I can't wait for the winter weather to go away so we can start enjoying our Mustangs again. Definitely keep us posted with pictures, I'm excited to see the finished results!

-Dan
Old 03-07-2014, 09:09 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

I'm sorry to say that I think I'm giving up on them. I have spent thousands of $$. There has been issues across the board. To not updating website for inventory and charging me then telling me 3 days later I won't have it for weeks. Items not working, and sending me used parts. And selling the SCT TUNERS even though they have tones of problems with them, Yes they did make it right at the end of the day when there was an issue. That does not alway make it right when you have dead lines and plans to move on after an install or project.
Fed up
Old 03-08-2014, 04:29 AM
bryan67
2nd Gear Member

Pony6 bitching about a part that they dont make. Like SCT tuners.( guess what alot of the tuners have gone thru problems. Specially during model changes or upgrades) If you dont do the research before you purchase something cant blame the supplier. So you not gonna buy from AM, Jegs, Summit, etc cause they carry a brand you have had a problem with?? Atleast AM made it right. And when it comes to getting something on time They are 1 of the better companies about it. But hey its always your choice in the end who you do business with.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:07 AM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by bryan67
Pony6 bitching about a part that they dont make. Like SCT tuners.( guess what alot of the tuners have gone thru problems. Specially during model changes or upgrades) If you dont do the research before you purchase something cant blame the supplier. So you not gonna buy from AM, Jegs, Summit, etc cause they carry a brand you have had a problem with?? Atleast AM made it right. And when it comes to getting something on time They are 1 of the better companies about it. But hey its always your choice in the end who you do business with.
I thought this was a family show?
Maybe I'm over reacting a bit but it was fresh in my mind and was looking forward to taking my car out this weekend (it stays in the garage in the winter)
We've had snow here seems like forever!
And yes most of the time I get what I want when I want it from AM
Old 03-16-2014, 09:55 PM
massguy54
1st Gear Member

Been waiting on a backorder for a fuel door cover for over 3 weeks ,they usually are real good
Old 03-25-2014, 05:26 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by runninpony6
I thought this was a family show?
Maybe I'm over reacting a bit but it was fresh in my mind and was looking forward to taking my car out this weekend (it stays in the garage in the winter)
We've had snow here seems like forever!
And yes most of the time I get what I want when I want it from AM
Not liking waiting for my money to be returned to me when they F'ed up.
When they say up,to ten days they mean it
Old 04-04-2014, 06:17 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

I ordered some parts back in February from AM, they arrived quickly, and during install due to a mistake in the instructions .... I had to contact AM about getting some more install parts as I was gonna have to do a R&R .... package was here in a couple days, whole install kit.

As far as I am concerned, AM is one of the best customer service oriented suppliers I've dealt with on the net. I've dealt with other companies for all sorts of reasons, and while some responded to concerns or "hickups" as well as AM .... none did better.