General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to find excatly number of 2008 GT Premiums produced

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 05:44 AM
Baz Kewish

Unhappy How to find excatly number of 2008 GT Premiums produced

I recently purchased a 2008 GT Mustang while in Las Vegas on holiday (we live in New Zealand) The car is now on its way back to us in NZ. My problem is that we have to have to be able to prove a very specific number of "make, model & sub model" cars were produced in that year. Our strict regulations for importing a left hand drive car state: 1. The vehicle must be a 2 door coupe: ok. 2. A high performance vehicle: ok. 3. The vehicles make, model & sub model were manufactured in a volume of less than 20000 units made in that particular year. I think our car has all the premium extras including leather electric seats, shaker 500 stereo etc. Is there a list that specifically tells us how many 2008 GT premium cars were produced as compared to straight GT Deluxe? And please let it be less than 20000 or we cannot get the car certified for our roads over here and it will become a very expensive garden ornament & my wife will be VERY VERY annoyed with me.
Any help is appreciated. cheers Baz
Old 04-21-2014, 07:32 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

I found thus post.....scroll down a few posts and the 08 is listed....
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...umbers-482026/
Old 04-21-2014, 07:34 AM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Baz Kewish
I recently purchased a 2008 GT Mustang while in Las Vegas on holiday (we live in New Zealand) The car is now on its way back to us in NZ. My problem is that we have to have to be able to prove a very specific number of "make, model & sub model" cars were produced in that year. Our strict regulations for importing a left hand drive car state: 1. The vehicle must be a 2 door coupe: ok. 2. A high performance vehicle: ok. 3. The vehicles make, model & sub model were manufactured in a volume of less than 20000 units made in that particular year. I think our car has all the premium extras including leather electric seats, shaker 500 stereo etc. Is there a list that specifically tells us how many 2008 GT premium cars were produced as compared to straight GT Deluxe? And please let it be less than 20000 or we cannot get the car certified for our roads over here and it will become a very expensive garden ornament & my wife will be VERY VERY annoyed with me.
This thread has some PDFs with production numbers: http://www.njstangers.org/forum/2005...bers-3418.html
Old 04-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Baz Kewish

Thanks guys, I have had a look at the 2008 Take Report & there are 37,006 Deluxe Coupe GT's produced. No exact numbers with the Premium options. I am picking that at the time you couls just add on what you wanted, not necessarily a complete Premium Package required? I guess I will just have to wait until the car arrives this week & try & figure how to whittle down the numbers with the extra's my car has. Hopefully I will get under the 20,000 mark required. My wife has a spot in the garden picked out for the car (garden ornament) in case.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

You might email Ford and see if they can help you.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Baz Kewish

Thank you all for your advice. I have tried emailing Ford Customer Services twice already but no reply as yet. The next step might have to be a phone call from NZ
Old 04-28-2014, 11:14 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thank you all for your advice. I have tried emailing Ford Customer Services twice already but no reply as yet. The next step might have to be a phone call from NZ
Hello Baz Kewish,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. you are more than welcome to PM me with your VIN, so I can help.

You can also contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 for more assistance. Our Research Team will be more than happy help you out. Also, you can order a build sheet here.

Deysha
Old 04-29-2014, 06:18 AM
Baz Kewish

Hello Deysha,

Thank you very much for answering. I am not sure how to pm you but am happy to let you know the VIN number which is 1ZVHT82H285124696. Any help is most appreciated.

kind regards
Cathy Kewish
Old 04-29-2014, 07:46 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

To pm a member, click on their screen name and then click on the "send a private message".....
Old 04-29-2014, 11:37 PM
Baz Kewish

Originally Posted by AzPete
To pm a member, click on their screen name and then click on the "send a private message".....
Hi AzPete, I must be a bit challenged as when I click on their name "FordService" there is no "send a private message" pop up? cheers Baz

Quick Reply: How to find excatly number of 2008 GT Premiums produced