General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Car is too quiet!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:16 PM
CybeRise

Default Car is too quiet!

I have a 05 GT. Mac Headers, custom X pipe, Magnaflow axel back, high-flow cats and my is quieter than my old neighbors buick!! Ok jk, but it is too quiet. What can I do to make it louder? I do have a JTL CAI waiting for me to find a place to tune it out here in LA. Any one have any clue what I can do to make it louder??

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:41 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

I know the filling of living in Cali and not being able to open that exhaust up with out those cats on. It sucks but if looking for more noise from the exhaust you should listen to straight through pipes on a mustang. I ran Flows axle backs for 4yrs then needed more sound and got some SLP loudmouth straight pipes and you could hear the difference as soon as I started her up. Also my next plan is to get some Electric cutouts for my exhaust hear some on YouTube and there pretty loud.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:46 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

First off, get rid of those magnaflows. I am sorry but i have never heard "loud" magnaflow mufflers. Since you are in California that does present a known dilemma with the cats. High flow cats are really your only option in that department. Your headers are good to go, you have already changed the midpipe, and your cats are the best they can be for Cali. the only other option is mufflers. like calistang05 has said you can go with straight pipes. this is true or go with a different muffler setup. really depends on you. since i dont know how loud ur exhaust is now and i dont know how loud you want ti i kinda have to take a guess. If youre looking for a loud muffler setup then i gotta recommend MAC mufflers. i love mine. they are pretty loud too. polished stainless steel. but if you want to go all out then get a straight through muffler. IMO i wouldnt get SLP or Pypes because they usually have fitment issues and are too raspy ratty sounding. This is partly because its just a tip. If i were you then, again, i would have to recommend the MAC brand boom tubes. they are a straight through design but have a resonator tip. very loud and very deep.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:21 PM
CybeRise

Thanks fellas! I appreciate the input! I like the idea of just removing my mufflers and going with straight pipes. Question tho, would that cause a loss of back pressure and thus result in a loss of power?

Originally Posted by cema93
First off, get rid of those magnaflows. I am sorry but i have never heard "loud" magnaflow mufflers. Since you are in California that does present a known dilemma with the cats. High flow cats are really your only option in that department. Your headers are good to go, you have already changed the midpipe, and your cats are the best they can be for Cali. the only other option is mufflers. like calistang05 has said you can go with straight pipes. this is true or go with a different muffler setup. really depends on you. since i dont know how loud ur exhaust is now and i dont know how loud you want ti i kinda have to take a guess. If youre looking for a loud muffler setup then i gotta recommend MAC mufflers. i love mine. they are pretty loud too. polished stainless steel. but if you want to go all out then get a straight through muffler. IMO i wouldnt get SLP or Pypes because they usually have fitment issues and are too raspy ratty sounding. This is partly because its just a tip. If i were you then, again, i would have to recommend the MAC brand boom tubes. they are a straight through design but have a resonator tip. very loud and very deep.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:03 AM
CybeRise

Oh heres a pic of my car

Old 08-10-2014, 08:56 AM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

No your fine on backpressure. put it out of your mind. there are hundreds of mustang owners with LT header, NO cats, aftermarket midpipe, and a straight pipe and are just fine, crazy stupid loud, but fine

like your car by the way. the wheels look classy.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:16 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cema93
No your fine on backpressure. put it out of your mind. there are hundreds of mustang owners with LT header, NO cats, aftermarket midpipe, and a straight pipe and are just fine, crazy stupid loud, but fine

\.
This.

I like that hood!