Airaid race CAI tune required Question - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech
Reload this Page >

Airaid race CAI tune required Question

Notices
General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Airaid race CAI tune required Question

Reply

 
 
 
Old 09-14-2014, 02:44 PM
  #1  
Acechaser
Thread Starter
 
Acechaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ky
Posts: 3
Default Airaid race CAI tune required Question

I installed an Airaid race CAI to my 2014 Mustang 5.0. It is tuned with an Bama SF4. My question is when I go to the dealer and return the program to stock settings will the race Airaid cause a problem when they hook the Mustang to their computer.
Acechaser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:27 PM
  #2  
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,396
Default

Even if you do return to stock, the dealer will know that the computer has been altered because it leaves an embedded "footprint" behind when you mess with the tune. Since it is a tune-required intake, I would not recommend running it with the tune off. It's not necessarily going to hurt it if you do, you might end up throwing a code and it might run a little funky.
yourmom6990 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:49 AM
  #3  
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member
 
MustangInTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 308
Default

If you decide to keep the tune installed, pick yourself up something like this:
http://www.steeda.com/billet-obd-port-cover-555-1260/

MustangInTexas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:10 PM
  #4  
Acechaser
Thread Starter
 
Acechaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ky
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by yourmom6990 View Post
Even if you do return to stock, the dealer will know that the computer has been altered because it leaves an embedded "footprint" behind when you mess with the tune. Since it is a tune-required intake, I would not recommend running it with the tune off. It's not necessarily going to hurt it if you do, you might end up throwing a code and it might run a little funky.
Thanks for the reply. Im not worried about the dealer finding the change .I just didnt want the dealer to plug into the port which would lock up the bama tuner. I called Airaid today and ordered the venturi insert so I can return the tune back to stock. They charged me 60.00 plus shipping. Bad because I could have ordered the entire CAI with the venturi for 10.00 more in the first place, oh well live and get burned or learn.
Acechaser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:14 PM
  #5  
Acechaser
Thread Starter
 
Acechaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ky
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
If you decide to keep the tune installed, pick yourself up something like this:
http://www.steeda.com/billet-obd-port-cover-555-1260/

Thanks for the reply. Yes that is a good failsafe to have in any case. I will be getting one.
Acechaser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:48 PM
  #6  
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 2,269
Default

Originally Posted by Acechaser View Post
I installed an Airaid race CAI to my 2014 Mustang 5.0. It is tuned with an Bama SF4. My question is when I go to the dealer and return the program to stock settings will the race Airaid cause a problem when they hook the Mustang to their computer.
Originally Posted by Acechaser View Post
Thanks for the reply. Im not worried about the dealer finding the change .I just didnt want the dealer to plug into the port which would lock up the bama tuner. I called Airaid today and ordered the venturi insert so I can return the tune back to stock. They charged me 60.00 plus shipping. Bad because I could have ordered the entire CAI with the venturi for 10.00 more in the first place, oh well live and get burned or learn.
Sounds like you got it figured out. The Venturi tube will allow the car to run on a stock tune.

Getting the OB2 cover will prevent the dealership from flashing the car. You can also tell the dealership not to flash your car for any reason. I always do!

Good luck with your car. I hope you're enjoying the Bama tune so far!

-Dan
AMDanBailer is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
mryeah256
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions
7
08-28-2015 03:01 PM
bluebeastsrt
The New S550 2015-2020 Mustang
4
08-22-2015 08:29 PM
mryeah256
New Member Area
4
08-20-2015 11:00 AM
Darrens07GT
GT S197 General Discussion
3
08-10-2015 04:59 PM
Mnuckolls
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions
3
08-09-2015 09:54 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Airaid race CAI tune required Question


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.