General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP PLEASE Poor Transmission Shift Quality after picking up from Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 11:31 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

there are lemon law that vary state to state, but lets be clear, he is not being "raped", if parts are on back order, and a repair cannot be performed within a set ammount of time" varies from state to state" he can lemon law the car and get a replacement. i know for a fact that parts for this trans, and the trans assembly itself are on back order with no ETA. it sucks but a next day fix is not possible. i too have a MT82 torn apart and awaiting parts. but my customer is waiting patiently. and understands that i cant chit a part to fix his car. at the dealership level its easy to place the blame, but remember folks, the dealer, and the tech, cannot just repait the vehicle how u would like, we have to repair it how FORD WANTS. and alot of the time FORD PARTS are on BACK ORDER. just how it works. PS tesla has nothing to do with this concern
Old 03-20-2015, 10:31 PM
15Mustang

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
His car is NEW. Less than 250 miles when this magical issue happened after Ford and a contractor worked on a cosmetic issue. And then the transmission just magically stops working right.

Probably half of the mere 2xxx miles were to/from the dealer. His car is new. We have so many useless laws in this country. It's time for some useful ones to criminalize dealers that a) rape and abuse someones vehicle and b) screw people over and take advantage of them / the situation.
Yes, somebody at Ford and the dealership owes me a huge apology!
Old 03-20-2015, 10:33 PM
15Mustang

Originally Posted by jwog666
there are lemon law that vary state to state, but lets be clear, he is not being "raped", if parts are on back order, and a repair cannot be performed within a set ammount of time" varies from state to state" he can lemon law the car and get a replacement. i know for a fact that parts for this trans, and the trans assembly itself are on back order with no ETA. it sucks but a next day fix is not possible. i too have a MT82 torn apart and awaiting parts. but my customer is waiting patiently. and understands that i cant chit a part to fix his car. at the dealership level its easy to place the blame, but remember folks, the dealer, and the tech, cannot just repait the vehicle how u would like, we have to repair it how FORD WANTS. and alot of the time FORD PARTS are on BACK ORDER. just how it works. PS tesla has nothing to do with this concern
They won't authorize the repair or even a transmission fluid change to check for metal deposits.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:38 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

with the miles u have there wont be any metal deposits to see, gears in a trans are very robust and will take alot of abuse without wearing away. if they can duplicate the concern, then they will tear down to point of failure, then perform a cost cap, and based on that will decide to repair or replace. but if they cant duplicate your concern, they will not be able to repair what they cant verify. maybe take a drive with the tech so you can show him what is happening
Old 03-21-2015, 08:03 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Dang! you really have had bad luck on this one. Hope it works out, I love my 2014 3.7 Cyclone pony.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:56 PM
15Mustang

with the miles u have there wont be any metal deposits to see, gears in a trans are very robust and will take alot of abuse without wearing away. if they can duplicate the concern, then they will tear down to point of failure, then perform a cost cap, and based on that will decide to repair or replace. but if they cant duplicate your concern, they will not be able to repair what they cant verify. maybe take a drive with the tech so you can show him what is happening
Gears, how about syncros?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:57 PM
15Mustang

Originally Posted by audioAl
Dang! you really have had bad luck on this one. Hope it works out, I love my 2014 3.7 Cyclone pony.
Yup, worst part is I have been unable to get it fixed!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:54 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 15Mustang
Gears, how about syncros?
i have 1 torn apart on my bench now that the customer thought using the clutch when shifting to 3rd while dragging the car was optional. 3rd gear syncro burned right out, no filing anywhere, the friction material that is impregnated into the brass ring is what wears away, much like clutch frictions in an automatic. this fluid looked brand new, and the inside of the case was free from debris. so like i said, draining the fluid will tell you nothing
Old 03-22-2015, 11:16 AM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

i have 1 torn apart on my bench now that the customer thought using the clutch when shifting to 3rd while dragging the car was optional. 3rd gear syncro burned right out, ... etc ...
A sign of the times.

Back in the day you learned how to drive (including "to shift") .....
..... or you learned how to tear down and repair .....
..... and then you learned how to drive (including "to shift").

Some took "several" cycles.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:13 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbear853
A sign of the times.

Back in the day you learned how to drive (including "to shift") .....
..... or you learned how to tear down and repair .....
..... and then you learned how to drive (including "to shift").

Some took "several" cycles.

yeah, this guy started late, mid life crisis type lol

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE Poor Transmission Shift Quality after picking up from Dealer