General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help me not want a Camero

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Ntsloan

Default Help me not want a Camero

I have a 2011 V6 with the Mustang Club of America package that just hit 40k miles and all things considered, I love the car. Having said that, a couple of weeks ago I hit a raccoon and had to take it to the body shop, which left with with a rental for a week. My rental car?

A 2014 convertible Camero.

Now, I have always thought the Camero looked nice but from what I'd read it was a pig compared to the mustang and the interior is definitely not my cup of tea.

BUT

Even though it necessarily get to a higher top speed, it did FEEL faster just driving around town. At first I thought it was just my imagination as all cars seem faster with the top down, but after a week, I realized that it just felt more responsive, especially when I put the pedal down from about 10-20 MPH. I like the throttle response, and now that I have my Mustang back, I miss it.

Is this a real thing or is it my imagination? Can it be dealt with affordably?
Old 06-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ntsloan
I have a 2011 V6 with the Mustang Club of America package that just hit 40k miles and all things considered, I love the car. Having said that, a couple of weeks ago I hit a raccoon and had to take it to the body shop, which left with with a rental for a week. My rental car?

Now, I have always thought the Camero looked nice but from what I'd read it was a pig compared to the mustang and the interior is definitely not my cup of tea.

BUT

Even though it necessarily get to a higher top speed, it did FEEL faster just driving around town. At first I thought it was just my imagination as all cars seem faster with the top down, but after a week, I realized that it just felt more responsive, especially when I put the pedal down from about 10-20 MPH. I like the throttle response, and now that I have my Mustang back, I miss it.

NAH, it's called the different car thrill, stick with the stang, side by side , with everything the same, you will beat the camaro
Old 06-05-2015, 08:29 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ntsloan

BUT

Your but dyno is broken!!! I have a 2012 mustang MCA edition. I'll run 13.8 in the quarter mile at 102. There isn't a V6 Camaro on earth that will run that time stock. Most V6 Camaro run 14.2 to 14.5 with a good driver and trap about 100 at a sea level track. If your concerned about top speed go out and buy a tuner and an aluminum drive shaft and tune out the limiter and go 160MPH! Also I am trading my 2011 Camaro SS for a 2015 Mustang GT. The interior in the Camaros belong in a matchbox car. Not something made by GM. Miles of the cheapest plastic you'll ever see!!! You wont be able to see out of the Camaro like you can your Mustang and the interior in your car is light years better. So basically your trading a much better car for the Camaro. Your car will out handle a Camaro do to it being 300 pounds lighter! It'll out accelerate any stock V6 Camaro. Do to it being 300 pounds lighter. The Mustang is simply a much better car. The lines blur a little more why you start comparing higher end models but The V6 battle is an easy win for the Mustang!

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 06-05-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:00 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Those Camaros are not "pretty cars" by any stretch. Just hideous looking.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:22 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbear853
Those Camaros are not "pretty cars" by any stretch. Just hideous looking.
Your just being silly. I own an S197 and when you park the two side by side the Camaro is more aggressive looking. But everyone has their opinions. You should see what the Camaro5 forums says about Mustangs.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:59 PM
1985GTto2013GTCSV

Don't buy a Camero, get a Musteng.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:38 PM
groucho

i just had 2 japanes fart cans 1 bmw and 1 audi a 6 for lunch with my mostly stock 01 gt droptop dont buy a chebby PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:14 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Not to be too big a wise *** here, but get a car whose name you can spell.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:49 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Was this also a sixxer Camaro? I'd get a tune for your car.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:42 AM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

If you're going to upgrade get a V8 and a manual. That will be way faster.

Quick Reply: Help me not want a Camero