MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   dealership issue (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/721273-dealership-issue.html)

mweiland 08-12-2015 02:47 PM

dealership issue

not sure this is the right forum for this. sorry if it's not.

i took my car (2005 v6) into a ford dealership nearby to get some work done and inspection/emissions. spent a good bit of cash.

when i was driving home from picking it up, i made it about 15 min away and my check engine light came on for the first time since i've owned the car.

i pulled over and called them. they asked me to bring it back. they checked the codes and got p0108.

i've never had any real issues with the car. nothing engine related at least. as far as i'm aware the map and egr were fine when i brought it in.

they insist it couldn't have been anything they did. 2 other mechanics i've spoken with say differently and feel pretty strongly i should bring it back and make an issue out of it.

any thoughts? is there anything they could have done during an inspection, emissions test, air filter replacement, tie rod end replacement or oil/lube/filter to cause this to happen? should i pursue it? they seemed pretty adamant that it had nothing to do with them but it seems like a pretty far stretched coincidence.

jesse1125 08-12-2015 03:03 PM

You should force the issue with the dealership. Talk to the general manager or even the owner.

88 orangepeel notch 08-12-2015 03:07 PM

I'm not familiar with the newer stangs, what is the code for ? Or I should say "what sensor, switch, is bad that it'll throw that code" ?

mweiland 08-12-2015 03:08 PM

Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input

88 orangepeel notch 08-13-2015 06:18 AM

Maybe when they replaced the air filter they accidentally hit or unplugged that switch. I don't know if that's possible depending on the location. Or maybe it did just go bad. Tough call....

Derf00 08-13-2015 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by mweiland (Post 8501890)
not sure this is the right forum for this. sorry if it's not.

i took my car (2005 v6) into a ford dealership nearby to get some work done and inspection/emissions. spent a good bit of cash.

when i was driving home from picking it up, i made it about 15 min away and my check engine light came on for the first time since i've owned the car.

i pulled over and called them. they asked me to bring it back. they checked the codes and got p0108.

i've never had any real issues with the car. nothing engine related at least. as far as i'm aware the map and egr were fine when i brought it in.

they insist it couldn't have been anything they did. 2 other mechanics i've spoken with say differently and feel pretty strongly i should bring it back and make an issue out of it.

any thoughts? is there anything they could have done during an inspection, emissions test, air filter replacement, tie rod end replacement or oil/lube/filter to cause this to happen? should i pursue it? they seemed pretty adamant that it had nothing to do with them but it seems like a pretty far stretched coincidence.

Very easily could be a connector was popped loose or not plugged back in all the way. If they replaced the air cleaner it could easily be a vacuum leak from not putting the intake back together properly or a hose not connected.

They should fix it.

mweiland 08-13-2015 05:11 PM

They're refusing. They'll run a diagnostic but I'm responsible for the cost of any parts.