General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

very happy about how car smooth my car is running now!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 10:34 AM
rextos
1st Gear Member

Default very happy about how car smooth my car is running now!!

tbh its always been very smooth because i have kept up to date meticulously with the maintenance manual, fuel filter every 30k miles, air filter every 30k miles, cabin filter every 15k miles (though i just do it when it smells) transmission fluid every 50k miles (which pretty much gives you a brand new transmission (lol jk :P) , and oil change + chevron with techron every 3k miles (which pretty much gives you a brand new engine (lol jk :P) and i keep her clean so the body and suspension stay in good shape toO

but i recently did an air filter change, transmission fluid change, and cabin air filter change (got about 55k miles now) and omg it just feels so smooth and i already felt it was driving like new, but not its like even more silky new and i feel like its driving better than it ever has PURE SILK IS ALL I CAN THINK OF, like it makes me want to drive the car!! it make me want to drive to places i hate going - I JUST WANT TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM POSTING THIS FROM MY PHONE PARKED AT A MCDONALDS, SEND HELP!!!

but what do you guys think is making it feel so smooth now? i noticed it had a micro guard air filter instead of a motor craft air filter until i changed it, do you think that is making the car drive smooth now ? or do you think its the transmission fluid chnage? the micro guard filter was much thicker than the motorcraft filter, motor craft filter feels like it would let more air flow and it has such a nice silky feel, maybe thats why the car is driving silky smooth now?

tbh i prefer to use the motorcraft engine air filter because thats the filter they designed the car with and i have seen dyno runs where people actually lost power from changing the stock air box and filter!

Last edited by rextos; 09-23-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:51 AM
stripperhatch

My opinion is to puff puff pass, sounds like you've been bogarting it...
Old 09-26-2016, 06:48 AM
rextos
1st Gear Member

Old 09-26-2016, 10:14 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

I don't know, but keep notes for next time. Glad to hear she still puts a smile on your face.