General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ford Parts Dept. Markups

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 05:39 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by Mr. D
A rectum made a comment like that to me from the safety of the internet about what I said I payed for my 2016 Mustang. When I asked him to put $10,000. where his mouth was.... I never heard from him again! It must be like a lot of people that will give you the finger from the safety of their moving car... that likely would not do the same standing in right front of you! I don't make such comments about other people's lack of honesty on this forum, so you being a "Mod", I suggest you should not do it to me!

So give us the proof that you are seeing 400 - 450% mark ups. You have a parts manager telling you that you are way off, yet you stick to the 400-450% claim. So give us the proof to back up what you say.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:37 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

D is as useful as hen schit on a pump handle.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:41 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

A rectum made a comment like that to me from the safety of the internet about what I said I payed for my 2016 Mustang. When I asked him to put $10,000. where his mouth was.... I never heard from him again! It must be like a lot of people that will give you the finger from the safety of their moving car... that likely would not do the same standing in right front of you! I don't make such comments about other people's lack of honesty on this forum, so you being a "Mod", I suggest you should not do it to me!

your response to proof or it didnt happen is to tell a person to bet $10k over a forum? and you are suprised he didnt have time for that kind of douchbaggery? your math is fuzzy, 400% markup lmao
Old 11-08-2016, 02:36 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH as they scurry away! Way back when I was a kid that was referred to as "Having a paper arsewhole!"

Here's a thought for you big mouthed clowns, "Don't attack other posters character, or accuse them of lying!" It puts you in the same class as children that give others the finger from the safety of their moving cars! HERE'S A BULLETIN: It is quite possible to question people's statements, facts, or beliefs is a polite, respectful way... IF YOU ARE AN ADULT! That's the bottomline! If you are a teenager on this forum, then I give you some leeway for your manners as I certainly remember saying some dumbarse things which now I look back at with embarrassment .... BUT if not... grow up & express your opinions with some class!

Old 11-08-2016, 01:50 PM
mb757

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH as they scurry away! Way back when I was a kid that was referred to as "Having a paper arsewhole!"

Here's a thought for you big mouthed clowns, "Don't attack other posters character, or accuse them of lying!" It puts you in the same class as children that give others the finger from the safety of their moving cars! HERE'S A BULLETIN: It is quite possible to question people's statements, facts, or beliefs is a polite, respectful way... IF YOU ARE AN ADULT! That's the bottomline! If you are a teenager on this forum, then I give you some leeway for your manners as I certainly remember saying some dumbarse things which now I look back at with embarrassment .... BUT if not... grow up & express your opinions with some class!

Is this your way of saying that you were "Wrong"? It didn't really sound like it and I thought you were asking for someone at Ford to address this issue with dealers ripping their customers off. What you have stated is defamation, and with out fact or documentation. I have shown you what our cost is from Ford and the List prices that should be charged. I have not ridiculed you and have not taken a juvenile attitude toward you, but I believe that your response is one of the most childish things that I've ever heard and think most would agree. I have come into this a little late and don't know you, but I have a feeling the statement above is a reason that others ridicule you.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:26 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mb757
Is this your way of saying that you were "Wrong"? It didn't really sound like it and I thought you were asking for someone at Ford to address this issue with dealers ripping their customers off. What you have stated is defamation, and with out fact or documentation. I have shown you what our cost is from Ford and the List prices that should be charged. I have not ridiculed you and have not taken a juvenile attitude toward you, but I believe that your response is one of the most childish things that I've ever heard and think most would agree. I have come into this a little late and don't know you, but I have a feeling the statement above is a reason that others ridicule you.
bingo!
Old 11-10-2016, 07:55 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Welcome to our world. OT is awash in his 'brilliance' and 'insight'.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:35 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mb757
....I have not ridiculed you and have not taken a juvenile attitude toward you, but I believe that your response is one of the most childish things that I've ever heard and think most would agree. I have come into this a little late and don't know you, but I have a feeling the statement above is a reason that others ridicule you.
You just did make an unnecessary personal attack! Don't you read your own posts! Duh!

I'm not interested in going on & on with this because one can never win with some people on this forum! They just want to argue & then blame others for the argument!

I did not say "EVERY" Ford dealer rips off customers with markups! I said the ones I have gone to do did! I will end my comments by telling you honestly I got "retail prices" from my local Ford Dealer for two items: The wheels on a 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang & the smallest Ecoboost Emblem made on a Ford vehicle. The price on the wheels compared to the cost online for the same wheel was approximately 350% more not even considering the lower wholesale price I assume the Ford payed compared to my one time purchase online. The wheels were priced at over $1000. per wheel without stems or pressure sensors! I questioned the price & they double checked it! The Ecoboost emblem was priced at over $70 & tax ($74. I believe). I bought the emblem "new" online for $12. delivered! That's all I'm saying! Believe it or not! I wouldn't give you specifics if I was B.S.ing. Maybe some dealers are more reasonable. Think what you want, because I don't need your approval! I don't accuse other people of lying "online" or give people the finger from my moving car! It's a classless thing to do! A person with class would ask for more information if something doesn't make sense to them! Many on this forum just call people liars! Being an "Old Guy", in my day you lost teeth doing that in person, but I guess over the internet... that's now done! I'm gone!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:57 AM
User 92421
IN JAIL!

back to the actual content, how do you figure you are overpaying for 400%?
Old 11-18-2016, 07:58 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

knock off ecoboost emblems will be cheaper

by the looks of it, 60-70 bucks for an emblem is pretty much the going rate, so either you got a screaming deal, or a knockoff part. either way your dealer didnt try to rip you off. 10 seconds of research blows your claims out of the water, accept defeat.

Quick Reply: Ford Parts Dept. Markups