General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

98 gt mustang trunk senor.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 03:02 PM
Jarrettsr87

Default 98 gt mustang trunk senor.

Was wondering if anyone had a picture of the trunk sensor for a 98 mustang. Or know where to purchase one. Have the notorious alarm going off for no reason. Tested trunk sensor and it is bad. Previous owner (a buddy).disconnected it to see if it would stop the alarm. Spoiler it didnt. So now looking for a operational used one or new/old. But don't have a clue what it looks like. Been told it's a L shape. But no clue....
Old 04-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Jarrettsr87

Default P.s

I have tried local junk yards and ford dealerships. Found nothing.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:27 PM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Cant you just bypass it and connect the wires together so it looks like it is closed all the time. The switch just completes a circuit when its closed, you should be able to splice the wires together to complete that circuit
Old 04-27-2017, 05:06 PM
Jarrettsr87

We thought about that. But with the trunk a wire harness plugged into just the sensor. So if I cut that off I would be essentially wiring it to itself. Sensor just connected to the trunk. So wouldn't that make it just go off continously? I didn't want to go clipping wires without being sure ya know.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Jarrettsr87

Originally Posted by dawson1112
Cant you just bypass it and connect the wires together so it looks like it is closed all the time. The switch just completes a circuit when its closed, you should be able to splice the wires together to complete that circuit
Ok so I tried. Wire each one to its identical wire. With the trunk closed, trunk light stays on, so that's constantly open. So if I reverse the wires does it show closed?
Old 04-27-2017, 05:38 PM
Jarrettsr87

Originally Posted by dawson1112
n.m just realized how stupid that sounded. There only 2 wires, one way to hook them up lol. Sob just be nice to set my alarm