General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Domestic AWD Cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:41 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Domestic AWD Cars

ORIGINAL: kcp1989

audi a4 or a6
and mercedes 4 matic's
4-matic is amazing.

How about a freestyle or explorer or something like that. They make V6 versions.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:06 AM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

Not so good on gas probably,, but check out the AWD Chrysler 300c hemi
Ironically, before she specified "AWD", I suggested the 300m... Thanks for the info, will definately take a look at the limited and touring 300c's this weekend.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:24 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle

What are some good AWD cars? My mom is in the market for a new vehicle, as long as it's; AWD, leather interior, good gas mileage... I know Volvo makes some AWD cars... that's about the only domestic I can think of.. Obviously BMW... Mitsubishi and Subararu have a few out. Any others?
[sm=dontgetit.gif] Is it just me? None of the cars you mentioned is DOMESTIC...not even VOLVO!
Old 10-27-2005, 03:31 AM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

What are some good AWD cars? My mom is in the market for a new vehicle, as long as it's; AWD, leather interior, good gas mileage... I know Volvo makes some AWD cars... that's about the only domestic I can think of.. Obviously BMW... Mitsubishi and Subararu have a few out. Any others?
[sm=dontgetit.gif] Is it just me? None of the cars you mentioned is DOMESTIC...not even VOLVO!
Sorry, poor grammar on my behalf. Volvo was the only "domestic" company I knew of that produced a AWD car. I know they root else where, but I thought they were produced here in the US?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:10 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

I don't think there are any Volvo's made "domestically" . And Chrysler 300's are made in Canada. not that it matters to me but I have a feeling it matters to you.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:19 AM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

GMC Yukon Denali is AWD.
Maybe she can wait for the SVT Adrenaline!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:35 AM
GaryS

Subaru, Ford 500, Audi Quattro, Volvo XC70, BMW 325xi and 525/530xi, Mercedes 4Matic, Volkswagen Passat 4Motion, Honda CRV and Pilot. Go to

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/index.jsp

and do a search on the car you are looking at. If you want reliability, using other owners information is invaluable. Subaru has one of the best reliability programs in the industry. If you insist on domestic then the only one that fits the bill (that I know of) is the Ford 500. I don't know whether GM or Chrysler have any AWD sedans. Oth, the Honda Pilot and CRV carry the Honda "bullet proof" reputation.

Gary
Old 10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

Sorry, poor grammar on my behalf. Volvo was the only "domestic" company I knew of that produced a AWD car. I know they root else where, but I thought they were produced here in the US?
No, Volvo is made in Sweden, but are owned by Ford, none of the cars listed is a domestic. And your name is AmericanMuscle? LOL J/k The Dodge Magnum is also offered in AWD.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GaryS

Subaru, Ford 500, Audi Quattro, Volvo XC70, BMW 325xi and 525/530xi, Mercedes 4Matic, Volkswagen Passat 4Motion, Honda CRV and Pilot. Go to

http://www.jdpower.com/cc/index.jsp

and do a search on the car you are looking at. If you want reliability, using other owners information is invaluable. Subaru has one of the best reliability programs in the industry. If you insist on domestic then the only one that fits the bill (that I know of) is the Ford 500. I don't know whether GM or Chrysler have any AWD sedans. Oth, the Honda Pilot and CRV carry the Honda "bullet proof" reputation.

Gary
i was getting a little worried that whe i got to the second page and of all the "FORD GUYS" that belong to this sight no body said. The afordable some what stylish ford 500.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:47 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

The 300C has AWD but it also has some thing where it kills 4 cylenders at cruisng to save on gas, same as the magnum, theres the Ford 500/merc montego and the ford fusion/merc millian/lincoln somthin or other. thats it for american made, no GM cars.

Quick Reply: Domestic AWD Cars