General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2008 gt won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Steven05

Default 2008 gt won't start

Thanks in advance for any help guys. I was driving through town coming to a red light when I lost throttle response an car was just barely idling bouncing from almost no rpms to 500 rpms then died. I checked DTCs and it had a malfunction on every coil pack A through H an one about my cooling fan. Gauge on fuel rail is reading pressure at almost 50 psi so pump is working, I checked voltage on crank sensor and cam sensors they were good but I went and bought new ones just to be sure but still no start, don't even sound like it's trying to start motor is just turning over. I had just got gas previous day so started thinking bad gas an tune might be to aggressive so I turned my tune down to the 91 octane tune but still wont start. I verified 5 volt reference voltage from PCM to throttle body and mass air so im assuming the PCM is working right. After clearing DTC codes no other codes have come back on. I am at a loss I don't know what else to check
Old 09-22-2017, 01:02 AM
Steven05

If anyone could even refer me to someone that might be able to help it would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Steven05
If anyone could even refer me to someone that might be able to help it would be greatly appreciated
You ever get this resolved? Have you checked for spark?

If not, what were the codes given? P0351 for example or P0301? Both denote a misfire in cylinder 1 (or A). The difference is, any code with a P035x is usuallly electrical, like the coil driver in the PCM has burned out. P030x is usually mechanical like compression or possible fuel.

If all of them lit up like P0351, 0352 etc. It's most likely the PCM coil drivers fried. The PCM would still work in all other circuits but the coils would not be getting signal a the transistors that send the signal got toasted somehow.