Trunk light out due to my stupidity - MustangForums.com

General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
senior67

Default Trunk light out due to my stupidity

I wanted to replace my trunk light on my 2014 Mustang V6 with an LED light but didn't unplug the light housing and I stupidly used a small screwdriver to remove the old light. Seems I must have shorted out the light. Light didn't blow but the light doesn't work including the LED light. All other lights work except this one. Tried to check the interior fuses but can't get to all because of its location. The manual doesn't list a trunk light fuse. Any help would be great
senior67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #2
ZGrand
1st Gear Member

Did you try putting the incandescent lamp back in? For some reason an LED lamp won’t work in my trunk light (yes, I tried turning it 180 degrees). I’ve tried three different LEDs and none of them would work. The incandescent works just fine. Makes absolutely no sense.
ZGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
senior67

I did install the LED and tried both directions with no luck. It doesn't appear that the incandescent bulb blew out. I get continuity (tested with ohm meter) with bulb in the housing and disconnected from the wire harness. All other lights work. Is there a switch in the truck latch that operates the light when trunk is open? Can't seem to find it. Might have to live without trunk light. Thanks for responding
Old 11-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #4
ZGrand
1st Gear Member

There is a switch in my ‘06 right next to the light itself. Not sure about the ‘14. I’m guessing not - it’s very obvious on mine.
ZGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #5
senior67

I don't see a visible switch. Might have to look closer at the latch. This isn't a big deal but now it's turning into an obsession.