General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Promoter reads dashes and won't cycle gauges after car is turned off. Theft light is

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 12:17 PM
Somorazach

Default Promoter reads dashes and won't cycle gauges after car is turned off. Theft light is

I have a 2003 mustang gt and I was recently checking under the car and noticed that the passenger upstream oxygen sensor was dangling and unplugged and melting on the exhaust pipe. I jacked the car up replaced the oxygen sensor and could not figure out where to plug it into, and let me tell you I reached up over the bell housing of the tranny to find the plug but I cannot find it, the other upstream is plugged in and working properly. After I jacked the car back down I went over to where my Freon reservoir is (or whatever you call it) and there's a square plug with a brass bolt right there next to it i unplugged it to free up some space so I could look for a plug for the o2 sensor. Still cannot find it. After about an hour I stopped searching and plugged everything back in. Including the square plug with the bolt. I go to start the car. It starts and runs for about 1 second then dies. Tried to start it again and does not start after trying a few more times it finally starts and runs fine. But when I turn the key off the gauges don't move and the odometer reads dashes no theft light is blinking. I put gas in cause it was low on gas and it starts up fine no problems but once the car shuts off the gauges stay where they are as if the car is on still then about 1 second later they go down all except the battery gauge and the odo reads dashes again. Now this is when the key is out and the car is off. I let it sit for at least 20 minutes and the odo reads dashes still. I'm afraid it's gonna kill my battery so I unplug the battery and let it sit. Plug it back in and still does the same. Now keep in mind it isn't a pats problem cause my car does start. I've checked all fuzes grounds and wires and nothing is unplugged. Please help!!!!!
Old 04-22-2018, 03:34 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

TRIPLE posting, really?
Old 04-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Somorazach

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
TRIPLE posting, really?
sorry man I posted to the wrong placed and messed up the title I'm new here
Old 04-24-2018, 09:43 AM
RugbyRef

Originally Posted by Somorazach
I have a 2003 mustang gt and I was recently checking under the car and noticed that the passenger upstream oxygen sensor was dangling and unplugged and melting on the exhaust pipe. I jacked the car up replaced the oxygen sensor and could not figure out where to plug it into, and let me tell you I reached up over the bell housing of the tranny to find the plug but I cannot find it, the other upstream is plugged in and working properly. After I jacked the car back down I went over to where my Freon reservoir is (or whatever you call it) and there's a square plug with a brass bolt right there next to it i unplugged it to free up some space so I could look for a plug for the o2 sensor. Still cannot find it. After about an hour I stopped searching and plugged everything back in. Including the square plug with the bolt. I go to start the car. It starts and runs for about 1 second then dies. Tried to start it again and does not start after trying a few more times it finally starts and runs fine. But when I turn the key off the gauges don't move and the odometer reads dashes no theft light is blinking. I put gas in cause it was low on gas and it starts up fine no problems but once the car shuts off the gauges stay where they are as if the car is on still then about 1 second later they go down all except the battery gauge and the odo reads dashes again. Now this is when the key is out and the car is off. I let it sit for at least 20 minutes and the odo reads dashes still. I'm afraid it's gonna kill my battery so I unplug the battery and let it sit. Plug it back in and still does the same. Now keep in mind it isn't a pats problem cause my car does start. I've checked all fuzes grounds and wires and nothing is unplugged. Please help!!!!!
Have you plugged in a OBDII scanner to check for codes? If you don't have one, you can usually stop by an AutoZone or a Pep Boys and they will take a look for you. Once you get the codes...PM me and I will look them up for you.

Tim
Old 05-18-2018, 02:06 PM
Acejd13

Did you ever find out the solution? I'm having similar problems, No Com w/PCM
Old 05-18-2018, 05:50 PM
Somorazach

No I didn't find the solution but my best bet is either a bad ground or a bad cluster