General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP, need lots of info

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 12:14 PM
armyMP463

Default HELP, need lots of info

Brand new member here. I leave for Baghdad in a couple weeks and I have asked my family to have me a 2005 mustang GT waiting for me when i come home in a year from now, and then i will get a loan and buy the car off of them. I already know i want the cervini body kit. Does anyone know if he offers/will offer the blown c500 cervini car for sell soon?

I want to do a lot of performance upgrades to it and i'm not that knowledgeable on anything past exhaust, gears, and intake. I want my car to run 11's and i want it to be an everyday driver as well. I don't know too much about the daily driveablity going "down hill" so to say with certain mods. Basically what i'm asking here is, if you guys could build your own high performance 2005 mustang gt (which is what i'm going to do), and still keep it your daily driver car, what parts would you buy? I need specifics here too please; manufacturer (JLB, Bassani, Vortech or Procharger, etc...etc.....). All I can think of off the top of my head is that i definitely want a new complete exhaust system, supercharger, intake, chip, gears, headers, and whatever else is needed within the engine compartment to make these new items i'll be getting work to the best of their ability; intake manifold? fuel injectors? rockers arms? (don't even understand what those are) , stuff like that, etc............... I think you guys get the point here. I'm not very educated but i want a fast car, i had a 2001 mustang gt not long ago and loved it, got it up to 315 horsepower with the bolt ons i paid people to put on for me. If any of you have time to think about all the parts you would buy and would like to relay that on to me, through email or posted here, so i can relay it on to my parents, please do so. Or if there is a website that is very detailed and specific on all the parts you need to buy when buying other certain parts, i'd like to go learn some more about that as well. But i would really like you guys opinion.....I can't seem to find a website that gives the details i need for every part of the engine, and if putting on these certain upgrades will keep the car a safe daily driver..... Thanks for your help to those willing to take the time to help, Tom
tomlovelace3@yahoo.com

including the car, i am willing to pay around $45-50k (keep in mind that i have to pay for the installation on all these, i don't know jack about putting those things on)
Old 12-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP, need lots of info

Let me start by saying thank you for your service to our country.Now about your car.The same parts manufacturers that you used on your 01 would do about the same thing on an 05.If you can recieve mail while in Iraq get a subscription to a couple of Mustang specific magazines.Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords is a good one as is Mustang Enthusiast.These magazines dyno test a lot of parts and while the numbers vary from car to car and dyno to dyno you can get a pretty good idea of what to expect.Keep your head down and return home safe.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:44 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

howstuffworks.com is an AMAZING site that will describe how individual parts of an engive work and wutnot if ur interested in learning that

also, mustangworld.com also has a informational articles that would help you
Old 12-26-2005, 01:23 PM
armyMP463

Thanks guys. I will definitely get those magazines and that website is pretty dang cool.
I'm gonna start a new topic with a question or two, please reply if you have time. thnaks.
tom