General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2006 GT Transmission and Seat Belt ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 01:41 AM
RedFire06GT

Default 2006 GT Transmission and Seat Belt ?

Has anyone had any "shifting/putting into gear" problems with the Tremec 5 speed? I have only about 1,000 miles on the new stang and it already seems hard to put the car in reverse. You have to strongarm it to get it in Reverse? Is this normal for the Tremec or could it be something else?

2nd Question - Anyone know how to turn the annoying seat belt "chime" off???

It has been 9 years since I have been in a stang. I feel back at home in a Ford!! I would appreciate anyones feedback and anything else a NEWBIE should know about the 05-06 GT's.

K&N intake still in box! Heard you have to have the predator to make some pony's. Can you still get an increase without a tune?

Flowmasters Mufflers 4"
Foose Speedsteer 5, 19"x8.5

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:47 AM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 2006 GT Transmission and Seat Belt ?

Do you try shifting into second before going into reverse. That helps sometimes, along with depressing/releasing and depressing the clutch again before shifting into reverse.

Instructions for deactivating the "BeltMinder" are in your owner's manual.

You can increase HP without a tune but bolt-on performance mods tend to lean out your A/F ratio, sometimes to relatively unsafe levels. A tune/tuner will address this and allow for timing changes so you can maximize your HP potential and do so in a manner that your engine will appreciate.