General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Looking for a Good Shop in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 04:01 PM
ripper
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for a Good Shop in NJ

hi joe im also from jersey and have a mechanic in brick. He is currently puttin an acufab 75mm t/b and plenum on my 96gt. And re-pipin my procharger. He is also re-tuning it.sct tuner. I was doin high twelves at englishtown and he says i can get closer to tens when he is done. I cant say weather he is any good or not cause i havent seen the end result yet. But if you wanna give him a holler he is at wicked motors .com. His name is kevin and he works only on mustangs. He sounds like he knows what he's doin but that can mean anything. I can tell you to stay away from Larocca in malapan. They are the ones that screwed up my car in the first place. Im putin out 12lbs of boost and im lucky i didnt blow the dam thing up with there set up. Well good luck and if ya need anymore info you can call me or e mail me. 732 948 6905
Old 01-19-2006, 06:49 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

You mean LaRoccas in Englishtown ??? Also, does Outrageous Mustangs build motors ??? I am looking into doing a setup with FPS (Ford Performance Solutions) but I kind of dont want to go with them because they are in Anaheim, CA. Kind of far from NJ.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:55 PM
RiotAct

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

You mean LaRoccas in Englishtown ??? Also, does Outrageous Mustangs build motors ??? I am looking into doing a setup with FPS (Ford Performance Solutions) but I kind of dont want to go with them because they are in Anaheim, CA. Kind of far from NJ.
They most certainly do!!! We are getting ready as we speak to start building a new motor with Outrageous from the ground up with a bigger S/C to hit that 680 mark. Give'em a call - - - I'm tellin you, they are the best place to go - - - i don't say that lightly either, they proved it!!!

I won't let ANYBODY else touch the car anymore...that's how good they are.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:43 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Do you know them well, can I use you as a reference?
Old 01-20-2006, 05:20 PM
RiotAct

Do you know them well, can I use you as a reference?
Absolutley!!! Tell'em Anthony sent you / my car is RiotAct
Old 01-20-2006, 05:23 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I just got off of the phone w/ Outrageous Mustangs and they are going to call me back w/ a quote for a 418W. Hope they're not too expensive!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:34 PM
RiotAct

I just got off of the phone w/ Outrageous Mustangs and they are going to call me back w/ a quote for a 418W. Hope they're not too expensive!
Seriously - - - you get what you pay for, they are NOT a rip off - - - but quality work sometimes may cost a little more than some quick buck scam artist. I had two words when i picked up my car HOLY S@#T!!! They are that good, i have found that no matter what it is, cars, construction, computers - - - you find that one honest person that knows what the hell they're doing and does it well. As far as Mustangs go - - - Outrageous are those guys...
Old 01-21-2006, 09:35 PM
ripper
3rd Gear Member

yea i mean laroccas in englishtown. They setup my second fuel pump to run off the brake light so if i wasnt brakin or had lights on i was lean and bout to blow up the motor. Good thing englishtown track makes us run lights when racin. My car has a procharger,42lb injectors acufab plenum and 75mm t/b, tremek 5sp trani aluminum driveshaft, 373 rear (Kevin says any more rear and ill run outa gear) and methanol injection. Im runnin 11 1/2 in wide goodyear g force drag radials. Ive got bk long tubes with catbacks. Im putin out 12lb of boost. This is all on a stock motor believe it or not. Ive still got the crappy 96 heads. Next yr im doin motor cause ill probubly blow it up this yr lol. I live in point pleasant bch. If ya need anything give me a holler. Try to stay local. Ive heard good things bout those guys in jackson (Outragouse Mustangs). But ive never delt with them. Good luck buddy.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:03 PM
RiotAct

ORIGINAL: ripper

yea i mean laroccas in englishtown. They setup my second fuel pump to run off the brake light so if i wasnt brakin or had lights on i was lean and bout to blow up the motor. Good thing englishtown track makes us run lights when racin. My car has a procharger,42lb injectors acufab plenum and 75mm t/b, tremek 5sp trani aluminum driveshaft, 373 rear (Kevin says any more rear and ill run outa gear) and methanol injection. Im runnin 11 1/2 in wide goodyear g force drag radials. Ive got bk long tubes with catbacks. Im putin out 12lb of boost. This is all on a stock motor believe it or not. Ive still got the crappy 96 heads. Next yr im doin motor cause ill probubly blow it up this yr lol. I live in point pleasant bch. If ya need anything give me a holler. Try to stay local. Ive heard good things bout those guys in jackson (Outragouse Mustangs). But ive never delt with them. Good luck buddy.

Well I've dealt w/Outrageous first hand and if you read my earlier posts you'll see the results. On the other hand (and I'm not trying to hate here) I have heard a lot of negative things about LaRocca's - - - don't know if they're true but they were from a varied group in different locations...

for those of you in the cheap seats...Dwayne is the man, if I'm wrong let me know on this board and I'll never say another word about 'em...except when I'm blastin' you guys off the track...lol [sm=badbadbad.gif]

When your car is done let's race at englishtown or atco...
Old 01-22-2006, 03:40 AM
Lord Ashram
2nd Gear Member

Good info guys, I'll have to make some calls myself!

Quick Reply: Looking for a Good Shop in NJ