MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   Car badges... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/98083-car-badges.html)

xxkazp3rxx 02-21-2006 01:46 AM

Car badges...

Tonight on my way home I thought I spotted a 99+ black GT, only to find out when I got close enough to see no dual exhaust, that it was a V6 with GT emblems... how do you guys feel about people that put emblems on thier car when thier car really isn't it.. like V6 putting GT, or a GT putting Cobra emblems on it... Even when I had my V6, it still pissed me off... Just kinda curious if anyone agrees with me that if you buy a V6, GT, or whatever.. you don't put emblems on there to call it something it's not...

SXGT 02-21-2006 02:00 AM

RE: Car badges...

Thats being a ricer if you ask me. But then again how many people put cobra rims on there v6 or GT; is that the same thing??

There is a guy around my area who has a GT and bought a shaker system , mach 1 rims , and put badges on it. I think he is a poser, he should take his car for what it is; not fake it. one day a real mach 1 is gonna come along and rape him. I know people who have taken off there v6 badge and replaced it with vintage emblams that dont brag and iam all ok with that. I wouldnt dare put a Cobra snake on my GT unless it was a free gift and then i would put in on the interior some how or put on a cobra bumper on if my current GT bumper got recked or something.

xxkazp3rxx 02-21-2006 02:12 AM

I dont think putting the wheels on your car is the same thing... you can always change the center caps.. for instance, when I had to buy a new wheel for my GT it came with Cobra caps even though they were Bulitts... I just took off the center cap... :) - Just like I have the Grill delete, but I would NEVER put Mach 1 anywhere on my car. There are a lot of styling cues on the Mach's and Cobra's that I like, and I would think about putting on, but i'd never badge it anything but a GT... and i'd never put a rear bumper on my car that said "COBRA".. Hell, even if I did a Terminator or Mach 1 engine swap I still wouldn't do it - I guess that's me though.

SeVeReDiStOrTiOn 02-21-2006 03:54 AM

I've argued over this same topic on other boards...rebadging is nothing but a lie that gives the real thing a bad rep. That's part of the reason why these stock ricer homo's try to race a real GT, Mach, Z28, SS....because a lot of them have just beat rebadged V6's and think they beat the real thing. So IMO we all up end up paying for it in the end. I feel the same way for rebadging a LS1/LT1 Z28 to a SS...even though it's the same exact drivetrain it's still posing. Even worse, a lot of the posers try to resell their car as a real thing and screw someone over...not everyone bothers to look up RPO codes and run VIN's before they buy a car.

I see a lot of V6 stangs posing as GT's...more than any others. I can usually spot'em with misplaced badges, no cut-outs for exhaust on the rear bumper...the sound of a 6er. The poser's need to learn that all the BS stops when the light turns green.

racer02GTstang 02-21-2006 04:08 AM

if i ever get like a cobra bumper im getting the cobra part shaved, i think it would look awesome like that. i dont mind a GT with V6 badges or anything though, its a sleeper effect... haha. but i like it when like a GT has no badges and a different body kit so the person doesnt know if the car is a V6 or something like a cobra... haha. i plan on going with a cobra body kit at one point when i have the money to make the car look better. but im not doing cobra badges, im just putting the pony in the front and 4.6 badges on the sides.

woody2fantastic 02-21-2006 05:29 AM

I've got a cobra and I fuggin hate it wehn people pose GT's as Cobras because I've done a lot to make my baby what she is, If you want ur GT to be a cobra or mach 1, buy a cobra or mach 1... Posers...

TommyV8 02-21-2006 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: woody2fantastic

I've got a cobra and I fuggin hate it wehn people pose GT's as Cobras because I've done a lot to make my baby what she is, If you want ur GT to be a cobra or mach 1, buy a cobra or mach 1... Posers...
I saw one just the other day on the highway. He had a Cobra back bumper, snake emblem, and SVT emblem but a GT hood. I really wanted to run him and bring him back to reality but it just didn't happen.:(

EDIT: And yes, it is teh gayness.

tripsevn7 02-21-2006 10:48 AM

could have been a 99 unless it had the hood scoop

http://www.mustangclubofcentraliowa....rs/mempelt.htm

BraMas 02-21-2006 12:29 PM

So what does that make me. I have a 96gt with a 97 Cobra motor in it. Am I a poser wanna be.:( Oh ya your poll doesn't work

xxkazp3rxx 02-21-2006 08:25 PM

If you have Cobra badges, and you don't have a Cobra? Yep. Just because you have a cobra motor, and your car may be bada** - you're not a Cobra.