General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need a shop in NJ for Inspection... pls check it out

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Lord Ashram
2nd Gear Member

Default Need a shop in NJ for Inspection... pls check it out

Hey all!

Well, I live in northern NJ, and have a worked mustang. I only drive it between 1000-2000 miles a year, and so am not too worried about its impact on the environment. However, for some reason the damn thing isnt passing inspection! Argh, how frustrating!

Can anyone PM me the name of a shop they know might be willing to look the other way for a couple of bucks and pass me?

Thanks!

Ash
Old 02-21-2006, 07:43 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need a shop in NJ for Inspection... pls check it out

well what part of the test did you fail? my gf lives in south jersey and as far as i know you HAVE to go to the jersey dmv....which is the most hard core besides cali. you can't just go to a gas station etc. she has a stock 5sp 05gt (she's happy with it) now but she used to have a h/c/i ect sn95 5.0...i had to bolt up the stock exhaust (cats) and still use g2p to pass emissions bc of the cam. pain in the ***! here in pa i just buy the sticker[8D] at least jersey's insp is good for 2years so you don't have to swap stuff as often. good luck
Old 02-22-2006, 01:15 AM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

well what part of the test did you fail? my gf lives in south jersey and as far as i know you HAVE to go to the jersey dmv....which is the most hard core besides cali. you can't just go to a gas station etc. she has a stock 5sp 05gt (she's happy with it) now but she used to have a h/c/i ect sn95 5.0...i had to bolt up the stock exhaust (cats) and still use g2p to pass emissions bc of the cam. pain in the ***! here in pa i just buy the sticker[8D] at least jersey's insp is good for 2years so you don't have to swap stuff as often. good luck
where can u buy one of these stickers u speak of?
Old 02-22-2006, 03:42 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dan

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

where can u buy one of these stickers u speak of?
haha....well certainly not at autozone what i meant by "just buying" the sticker is have a buddy who is certified and just tests my gas cap and prints out a sticker. i guess the machine allows you to enter "visual" into some of the required fields...im not positive how it works i just know i have an inspection sticker on a car that should fail with flying colors i can't tell you who or where for obvious reasons...