Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

If you need a favor someday.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 11:05 PM
VernLaw
1st Gear Member

Default If you need a favor someday.....

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

OK! SORRY for the trickster subject line, BUT this is CRITICAL (since I can only afford to do it once)! I am (finally) about to change the axle-back out on my 06, so here is my question:

"The best sounding car I ever drove was a 2001 GT with stock catback except a welded in pair of flowmasters. I tried several exhausts on my 03 SVT and NOTHING ever sounded as good as the base flowmasters on my 01 GT. "

So now I would love to duplicate that sound on the new stang, and from what I have heard the new axleback from Flowmaster for the GTs sounds weak, so has anyone else here had an older GT with the Flo's, upgraded the exhause on an 05 or 06, and knows what I am looking for on the new GT?

Thanks for any suggestions!

[sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Winning suggestion shall recieve one free draft beverage of my choice. Prize subject to conditions as specified in contest rules. Contest must travel to northwest Florida to claim prize. One prize per entrant, non transferable. Prize not valid for residents of FL, MS, AL, AR, GA, TN, TX, LA, or any other state near FL. Must be 21 or older to enter.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:31 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: If you need a favor someday.....

Check this out.

https://mustangforums.com/m_1068737/tm.htm

One word for you: Borla.

Thx,

Mike
Old 02-28-2006, 11:54 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Well, I would offer my opinion, but the offer is not valid in my area. So fuggit.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:35 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Well, I would offer my opinion, but the offer is not valid in my area. So fuggit.
+1 from Tn. [sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 03-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Old Ford Lover
1st Gear Member

There are several high $$ adds that are wonderful. Borla is one If you're made of $$ look in to them. FlowMaster is the best bang for the buck. Purrs at idle, quieter than stock running down the freeway (except on an incline, can get annoying at 70 mph) and is a mild roar (not loud) on full-throttle accelleration.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:00 AM
VernLaw
1st Gear Member

Um. I forgot to add the final disclaimer: Don't mess with Texas. Which indicates that you are perhaps eligible for participation in the contest.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 03-01-2006, 01:37 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

I dont know what you all are talking about. I have the flows on mine and i have an off road pro chamber and my **** sounds MEAN! When i romp on it, i set off alarms on the cars parked in the street. Now maybe it's because i have an off road mid pipe but still. It's nasty. I really need to get a video up of it.

-W
Old 03-01-2006, 01:49 AM
VernLaw
1st Gear Member

From most of the polls on here it seems that the axleback of choice is the SLP, but I prefer a deep tone to the loud raspy sound. The 40 series on the old GTs sounded just awesome, and I had several friends in F-bodies that wished thier 350s sounded like my stang.

I went with stainless magnaflows on my 03 SVT b/c they were supposed to flow the best, but they did not really make much difference in sound unless you were WOT, and even then not nearly as good sounding as the GT with Flows.

Perhaps I will go with the Flows, but the SLPs are still on the table for the moment.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:01 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

I had an MRT H Catted pipe on my old 00 stang with manga, then straight pipe with no muffler, then weleded in flows, then SLP cat back. I think the fact that i had the stock pipes with welded flows made a huge difference in sound over the cat back i installed from SLP. The flows didnt get much of a chance. So i cant really say that the SLP was better then the Flows but the SLP i had were freakin awesome and LOUD! The reason i didnt get SLP on my 06 gt conv is because i noticed that when i start my new stang, it will rev up higher and stay reving for a while (at like 1,500 RPM for a minute or two) and then it will slowly go down. I work in a retirement comunity and i had SOOOO many complaints from members to my executive director about my car that i didnt want to get the SLP's again.

-W
Old 03-02-2006, 11:44 PM
rgunty

[8D] I got my Loudmouths yesterday. On the car yesterday. I love the sound!!!!!
But go for what you like. These sound like a healthy mustang. LOL

Quick Reply: If you need a favor someday.....