Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New to the GT market!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 02:18 AM
troystoy
1st Gear Member

Default New to the GT market!

Need help! Just traded in my 06' 4.0 for a new 05' Gt conv. I've been through all the 4.0 post and now have to get up to speed with you guys! My problem is i'm on dial-up and it would take me a week to read through all these post! So If you could please fill me in on the essential mods I would appreciate it! Kept my XCAL2 from my last stang along with the C&L intake. Can the XCAL be reprogrammed to work on the GT inexpensively? Intake is 2 weeks old (for sale) and doesn't look like that will fit. Also, how much faster is the GT compared to the 6cyl. My stock GT vs. my modded six doesn't seem like its a huge difference. Also was getting around 22mpg in spirited driving with the 4.0, how about the 4.6? Thanks for putting up with my rhetorical questions!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New to the GT market!

I drove the v-6 once as a loaner while my gt was getting worked on and yes they are plenty of fast. However the v-8 is faster and quicker with v-8 overtones. Do you enjoy listening the v-8 by now? I'm sure you agree. I would get some steeda pullys and the c/l
CAI w/brenspeed tune for starters. Welcome to the GT section and congrats on your new car sir.

www.brenspeed.com
Old 03-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I heard the top speed of a v-6 is around 110, the v-8 is around 150. The 0-60 times are v-6 (6. something seconds) vs the v-8

about 5 something seconds. So a second I assume. However if you mod with the mods I told you of I heard then in the high 4s'

in the 0-60 mark. Now I'm just saying per say and I can't be quoted.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:47 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

another good part of having a GT vs a V6 is that when you ask us what you need to go faster well actually give you an awnser that doesn't contain "buying a V8"
Old 03-09-2006, 11:48 PM
troystoy
1st Gear Member

I was too quick to judge my new GT. I was making a comparison to my v6 from a test drive I took in the GT. I picked it up tonight and drove it like I stold it and wow..... no comparison. I was easy on it when I test drove it and made the earlier post. I now am truly impressed any very very happy I spent the extra money to pony up to a GT! Now with that said, will the xcal and a C&L cai make a big difference on a 5spd. (seat of the pants feel) or will I only see it on a dyno?
Old 03-09-2006, 11:52 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: troystoy

I was too quick to judge my new GT. I was making a comparison to my v6 from a test drive I took in the GT. I picked it up tonight and drove it like I stold it and wow..... no comparison. I was easy on it when I test drove it and made the earlier post. I now am truly impressed any very very happy I spent the extra money to pony up to a GT! Now with that said, will the xcal and a C&L cai make a big difference on a 5spd. (seat of the pants feel) or will I only see it on a dyno?
I quote from my buddy that has a 05 6.0 liter 415HP GTO after we installed the C&L and tune, "Holy sh*t! This is a bad *** bitch, not that it wasn't before, but now, this f*cker is just plain nasty"......nuff saud [sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-10-2006, 03:21 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: troystoy

Need help! Just traded in my 06' 4.0 for a new 05' Gt conv. I've been through all the 4.0 post and now have to get up to speed with you guys! My problem is i'm on dial-up and it would take me a week to read through all these post! So If you could please fill me in on the essential mods I would appreciate it! Kept my XCAL2 from my last stang along with the C&L intake. Can the XCAL be reprogrammed to work on the GT inexpensively? Intake is 2 weeks old (for sale) and doesn't look like that will fit. Also, how much faster is the GT compared to the 6cyl. My stock GT vs. my modded six doesn't seem like its a huge difference. Also was getting around 22mpg in spirited driving with the 4.0, how about the 4.6? Thanks for putting up with my rhetorical questions!

Congratulations! I love my 05 GT vert, and I know you will too.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:10 AM
vicmeldrew
1st Gear Member

they say not to love something that cant love you back!

[IMG]local://upfiles/16309/F8CB62A81B774A05A8E25328E4FA376A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2006, 12:07 AM
troystoy
1st Gear Member

I kept the C&L/ SCT2 package off of my v6 when I traded it in and gave Doug a call over at Bamachips were I purchased it from. Must say Doug is one hell of a great guy as he is trading me for my v6 package for the GT package and a minimal fee. Can't say enough about Doug and as a result i'll have my first mods for under $100.00! Now, i just got to get my 4yr. old to stop calling it a corvette, he thinks because its yellow it has to be a vette!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:34 AM
bkranz34
1st Gear Member

Your first mod, without question, should definitely be a highspeed internet connection.....

Quick Reply: New to the GT market!