Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Diable vs SCT

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 05:19 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default Diable vs SCT

I know this has been beaten to death, but the search function didn't help me much and I gave up after scrolling through the past 10 pages I'd like some input on the Preditor vs the Xcal - disadvantages or advantages? Things one can do over the other?? I have a chance to buy a Steeda CAI with a Preditor for a very nice price - just curious if it will be worth it.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:55 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Diable vs SCT

The only advantage is for the auto, shift pressure, other than that just go with what your local tuner, or favorite online tuner uses
Old 03-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Hopen4low12s
1st Gear Member

Ive had both and both were tuned by steeda ...once you get a certain amount of work done to your car the sct makes it easier to tune and not throw engine codes i had the problem with diablo when tuned the way i wanted it my engine codes would go but the sct tuned same spark advance and stuff didn't throw codes......
Old 03-13-2006, 08:36 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, this has been beatin with a stick but I know how reliable the search function is...LOL

In the beginning, there was actually lots of differences but both companies have pretty much worked out the kinks. Diablo even now has shifts adjustments for the autos in their new flash's. You read stories like justin burcham switching to diablo from sct and making 50 hp more, etc, etc, but the truth is it had nothing to do with the device, it was the TUNER. It really depends on who your tuner is more comfrtable with and has more experience with. If your tuner has used diablo on 100 cars and sct on 2, then I would think he would get you a lot more performance out of the diablo and visa versa.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:41 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Yeah, this has been beatin with a stick but I know how reliable the search function is...LOL

In the beginning, there was actually lots of differences but both companies have pretty much worked out the kinks. Diablo even now has shifts adjustments for the autos in their new flash's. You read stories like justin burcham switching to diablo from sct and making 50 hp more, etc, etc, but the truth is it had nothing to do with the device, it was the TUNER. It really depends on who your tuner is more comfrtable with and has more experience with. If your tuner has used diablo on 100 cars and sct on 2, then I would think he would get you a lot more performance out of the diablo and visa versa.
Are you sure about this? Which revision is this? I am R28.

[Edit] By the way, what do we know about Granetelli's Fuego line? Looks to me like a Diablo with more memory but they say it adjusts shift firmness...?! [/Edit]
Old 03-14-2006, 12:06 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

The only advantage is for the auto, shift pressure, other than that just go with what your local tuner, or favorite online tuner uses
+1
Old 03-14-2006, 12:53 AM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

can anyone confirm that the diablo now does shift pressure? This would be soo sweet since the tuner 5 min from my house only does diablo.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:14 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I don't have an auto so I'm not concerned with that feature. Initially I am only looking to "can" tune it for the Steeda CAI as that is my only mod. In the future I would like to add the Saleen SC, and at that point I would have it dyno tuned. So it sounds like I am going to jump on this offer - unless of course I'm too late [&:]

Old 03-14-2006, 09:16 AM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

I would recommned a tune from bamachips, he uses xCAL2
Old 03-14-2006, 09:22 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Hi sowaxeman,

At this point they are about the same unless you plan to do your own custom tuning. If you plan to do your own tuning the SCT XCAL2 with the Pro Racer Package is the way to go. The PRP software will cost $250 or so more but you get the same access to the ECU as an SCT dealer would for one vehicle. If you plan to buy more Steeda stuff like the CMCP and don't plan to do your own tuning go with the Steeda Diablo kit and make your life easier. There are a few caveats though.

If you are going to buy a Steeda CAI kit be sure you get the newer 90mm MAF housing or you will be leaving 3-5RWHP on the table. You can upgrade for $100 but then where is your savings? Also be sure that the Predator Tuner is unlocked and that the last tune written was the "Original Backup" or you will not be able to use the Predator. You need to plug the Predator in to see what the last tune written was, this is important!

Cheers

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

I know this has been beaten to death, but the search function didn't help me much and I gave up after scrolling through the past 10 pages I'd like some input on the Preditor vs the Xcal - disadvantages or advantages? Things one can do over the other?? I have a chance to buy a Steeda CAI with a Preditor for a very nice price - just curious if it will be worth it.

Quick Reply: Diable vs SCT