Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush or StopTech Big Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 05:54 PM
GTRacing
1st Gear Member

Default Roush or StopTech Big Brake Kit

I take a set of extra brake pads to the track with me after I have several days on the mounted pads. Well, I called Roush today to order a set of pads for my "Roush" Big Brake Kit. I called them because they have taken the kit off their web site. I don't usually bad mouth a vendor but, the Roush representative I talked with had no idea which kit fit an 06 GT (they only sell/sold one). I called her back with their part number and told her once again that I needed a set of pads. She told me they did sell the kit but their IT department was redoing the site and had left it off. THEN, to my amazement she told me they did not sell pads separately and if I needed a set now, I would have to buy another complete brake kit. I actually laughed at her and told her I needed a seventy some dollar set of pads and not another $2,400 brake kit. I told her I knew they got the pads from a company in California and asked that she give me their name. She refused and said they would have pads available in thirty days of so. SO, I used the forum "Search Feature" (yes it actually works for me) and found a reference to www.stoptech.com in California. I talked with a very helpful rep who would not comment on the Roush Big Brake Kit being manufactured by them. He did however know exactly what kit was on my car and which brake pads came with the kit. I placed the order at a very resonable price and will have them in three days. I searched the StopTech site and they DO NOT sell a Big Brake "Kit". HOWEVER, they sell all the parts that make up the kit and for far less than Roush. I love the performance of my brakes but will order all future brake parts from StopTech. In conclusion, if you are considering the Roush Big Brake Kit call StopTech and save yourself a bundle.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:25 PM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Roush or StopTech Big Brake Kit

Great info. Thanks for posting it. I've been considering larger brakes for mine.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:57 PM
canes44
1st Gear Member

Roush breaks are way to expensive
Old 03-22-2006, 11:28 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

I am going with big brakes bur have decide with baer instead of roush
Old 03-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Mr. Meany
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I heard Roush uses StopTech.

Are you SURE Stoptech is much less expensive than Roush? I thought they were both in the $2200-2400 range for the full kit.

StopTech's website is great..lots of technical info, love their tech articles on knockback and balanced brake upgrades.

I called them last fall and they were great to talk to...had a few brake "stage" kits, and said they were coming out with the full kit soon.

No doubt that when I go big brakes, StopTech is the kit. Others are good and reputable too, just real happy with what StopTech has shown me so far.

Dig around their site for technical papers and what not - good chit.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:59 PM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

I paid 1900.00 to my door for the roush brakes (stop techs). these brakes are awesome and worth every penny. TOOLTIME I would get the roush brakes from stage 3. when I received the brakes, the box in came in was addressed from stoptech to roush. here are some pics in case anyone wants a closer look:
Old 03-23-2006, 11:59 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05HOTROD

I paid 1900.00 to my door for the roush brakes (stop techs). these brakes are awesome and worth every penny. TOOLTIME I would get the roush brakes from stage 3. when I received the brakes, the box in came in was addressed from stoptech to roush. here are some pics in case anyone wants a closer look:
Nice looking in pic
Do you have the rear brake kit also from roush