Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Fastest NA mustangs

Old 03-23-2006, 01:55 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default Fastest NA mustangs

Ok, so early on I had thought about building up my engine and trying to put together a 400rwhp NA mustang. Well, I lost patience in that idea and am currently preparing to go forced induction. But I'm curious as to what kind of numbers you NA guys are making out there in the 05/06 mustangs? NO superchargers....NO turbos.....NO nitrous.............just all engine. I want to see how high ppl have gone with their NA setups so far.
Also, let us see what setups you are using.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Fastest NA mustangs

298 now. water pump will free up 6-10...in the mail right now. then headers/h-pipe and a new dyno tune another 30 or so. get back to me in 2 months, when i should put down 335 or so.

then bring on the aggressive cams and ported heads!
Old 03-23-2006, 09:29 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

You might want to ask Spyder but I'm not sure if he's gotten his car car dynoed latetly, he's already in the 12's in the 1/4. I'll be happy with a 12 second car!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:30 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

On a mustang dyno, which reads lower ratings than others, I am at 305 whp and 333 rwt. On a dynojet, I dunno, maybe 320 or 325?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:03 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

315WHP/333TQ

ran a 12.5 the last time i went to the track but i spent so much trying to get it NA fast that i wish i would have just built up the engine a little bit and bought the saleen blower...it would have cost about the same and probably be faster.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

315WHP/333TQ

ran a 12.5 the last time i went to the track but i spent so much trying to get it NA fast that i wish i would have just built up the engine a little bit and bought the saleen blower...it would have cost about the same and probably be faster.
Yea, that's exactly what was happening to me in the planning stages. I just didn't have the patience to do all the engine work necessary to keep her NA and still make my 400rwhp goal. So I ordered the saleen charger. A few days in the shop and she should be good for 400-415 rwhp. Maybe that's cheating....but hey....fast is fast IMO. lol Still cost me an arm and a leg tho. The price I pay for a quick, big jump to the 400's.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

I've been trying to do the same thing. I've got the UDP's, CAI with performance tune, just have to get some axle backs. Don't know what else can be done. I don't have the 4 or 5 grand for a blower, so I'm thinking of different ways without getting "into " my engine. Just bolt ons. We're getting 5 grand back from income taxes, but if I don't want a divorce I better not spend it on a blower. lol
Old 03-23-2006, 10:33 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wally39

I've been trying to do the same thing. I've got the UDP's, CAI with performance tune, just have to get some axle backs. Don't know what else can be done. I don't have the 4 or 5 grand for a blower, so I'm thinking of different ways without getting "into " my engine. Just bolt ons. We're getting 5 grand back from income taxes, but if I don't want a divorce I better not spend it on a blower. lol
WEll, you're at that point where it's time to start modding the engine itself. Cams, heads, fuel system, etc. You've got all the major bolt-ons. Pretty much everything else will be internal engine work.
Also, if you're looking for improved performance.....just putting axlebacks on won't do much. Unless you're having some custom pipes made at a local shop, you may want to look into some headers, hi-flow cats, and a midpipe in addition to some new mufflers. Will still be cheaper than a blower.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:49 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

on a mustang dyno i put out 281hp and 322tq. i don't rely on the dyno #'s alone since they can be altered and sometimes parts that perform well on a dyno do nothing at the track where it counts. weigh is the biggest issue when staying n/a. right now there is only so much you can do engine wise so i'm waiting until the cams are released then i'll pull the heads and have a valve job done clean up the chambers get new springs retainers cams and shave the heads a little to bump up the compression to 10.5-11:1. that should get me 400+ hp. next winter i will build a 5.4 shortblock with forged internals and then swap the good heads on it. the car and chassis setup is critical when dealing with a low hp heavy car. remove weight whever possible wheels tires are a good place to start. i lost 100lbs by switching from the stock bullits to the bogarts. and the aluminum driveshaft gives back some lost hp in the drivetrain also. it does take more time and parts to equal a the gains a s/c will give but so far the money is about the same for all the mods i've done. my newest mod is a methanol/water injection kit from snow performance. even though i'm n/a it will still aloow me to run more timing and keep the intake charge cooler and should be worth 10-20hp. add in some nitro booster and 30-50hp is very easy to get. i should have that done next week. i postn the results before and after.
my best so far 12.62 @106mph 1/8mile=8.00 60'=1.72 2006 gt auto n/a stock engine t/b to oilpan.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: spyder7724

on a mustang dyno i put out 281hp and 322tq. i don't rely on the dyno #'s alone since they can be altered and sometimes parts that perform well on a dyno do nothing at the track where it counts. weigh is the biggest issue when staying n/a. right now there is only so much you can do engine wise so i'm waiting until the cams are released then i'll pull the heads and have a valve job done clean up the chambers get new springs retainers cams and shave the heads a little to bump up the compression to 10.5-11:1. that should get me 400+ hp. next winter i will build a 5.4 shortblock with forged internals and then swap the good heads on it. the car and chassis setup is critical when dealing with a low hp heavy car. remove weight whever possible wheels tires are a good place to start. i lost 100lbs by switching from the stock bullits to the bogarts. and the aluminum driveshaft gives back some lost hp in the drivetrain also. it does take more time and parts to equal a the gains a s/c will give but so far the money is about the same for all the mods i've done. my newest mod is a methanol/water injection kit from snow performance. even though i'm n/a it will still aloow me to run more timing and keep the intake charge cooler and should be worth 10-20hp. add in some nitro booster and 30-50hp is very easy to get. i should have that done next week. i postn the results before and after.
my best so far 12.62 @106mph 1/8mile=8.00 60'=1.72 2006 gt auto n/a stock engine t/b to oilpan.
Spyder, talked to compcams today and they have some wicked set-ups for our cars. Call them from the contact number from the website and ask them about the 'hardcore 05' set-ups. They ARE NOT on their website but they will give you part numbers over the phone and then you can call them up in the search field to get the ratios. I was VERY impressed with the grinds they are offerring us now. Grind time is 4-5 days so they can get them quickly. If you can't get a hold of them, PM and I'll send you the part search numbers. (I'm at my office now and the part #'s are at home or I'd give them to you now)

Please also PM me with the snow performance info. I think you've talked me into the meth kit...LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fastest NA mustangs