Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A race with the Police on I-95 in SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: A race with the Police on I-95 in SC

True, but do you really want to take two or three days off from work so that the court can get the officer and the court time for the trial, spend 750-1500 in legal fees, all so that you have some percentage chance of beating a ticket? Look for the white lines painted across the highway. They are the most obvious vascar start-stop markers. When you see one, hit the brakes for a few minutes, to slow down the average speed. They will usually be timing you through an 1/8 th or 1/4 strip, but I have seen half mile.

Those oddball cars you see the police in are often drug seizure vehicles. Sometimes they can be pretty "blinged". Also, regarding unmarked, Im most states you do have the right to ask the officer ofr HIS/HER id before rolling down the window. You should see an official SHP or Police ID card. If you are decent about it, and not an a** hole, they will probably appreciate your concerns for safety.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:23 PM
gorex

lol, here in montreal you will spend 500$+ and loose half your permit points 9 out of 10 similar situations
Old 03-28-2006, 03:07 AM
SK3055
1st Gear Member

Lol that's an awesome stoy. I wish I got a lucky break with police like that tho [sm=smiley24.gif]
Old 03-28-2006, 07:32 AM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

First thing I'm gonna get after my alarm is some laser jamming equiptment and a radar detector.....I suggest you folks do the same
Old 03-28-2006, 06:12 PM
kingfish

Amen to that .Handcuffed and thrown in to the back of a black saab one time in charleston, and another time pulled in Olar for speeding by an old man in a pick-up. He didn't take any bull.
ORIGINAL: NoOriginalNamesLeft

Yeah, SC has some crazy undercover cop cars. In Greenville my friends have been pulled over by everything from Focuses, to Green 150's, to Chevy Avalanches. It used to be that you could just look for the tell-tale lumps in the headliners of Vics and Impalas, but alas no more.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

What's WNC? And VASCAR?

I saw a torch red '05 GT with somebody pulled over a few days ago on I-485 in Charlotte, NC. It had black racing stripes. I'd heard about that particular car, but hadn't seen it yet. I can't remember what kind of car he had pulled over, but I'd bet top dollar the guy was trying to race him.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I think it would be pretty hilarious to see an 05/06 GT being pulled over by another 05/06 GT... People driving by would be like. "Wtf?" lol.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:47 PM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kingfish
...thrown in to the back of a black saab one time in charleston...
You guys should see the range of Cop cars we have out here in colorado...
1. State patrol has a whole slew of Z28's...older ones probably late 90's...(nothing the mustang can't take...
2. Lone Tree has H3's!
3. Aspen has new Saabs
4. Keystone has tahoes
5. (grand prize winner) Breckenridge has LandRover Discoverys!
of course all this on top of the ususal Crown Vics, F-150's, Durangos, Blazers and Suburbans...

We're all a bunch of snotty bastards out here I guess...with our Saabs and LandRovers and such.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:33 PM
TomsEleanor
1st Gear Member

here you go guys, all time winner in the "how the hell did i get pulled over by that?" catagory. I-395 and other roads in Virginia by the pentagon. 03 Corvette. try runnin from that and see what happens, bet hell stay with you long enough to get some roadblocks LOL
Old 03-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

VASCAR is a clocking system where by the police have a set distance between two points that has been pre-measured. They then click the "clock" on when you get to the first reference point, and click the "Clock" off wehn you get to the second point. Then, the average speed is calculated based on time. It is a very old system, pre radar, but they use a computerized device now for the calculation. Your radar detector or laser jammer wont work at all. Just keep it in mind.
Oh, and WNC is "Western North Carolina". The rest of the state seems to forget we are here. Maybe Tennessee will take us in one day.

Quick Reply: A race with the Police on I-95 in SC