Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Time for me to get a S/C and need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 08:47 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Default Time for me to get a S/C and need some advice

Hey guys,

So i think it's time for me to really ramp up ride. I want to get a S/C but i am not sure which one. My biggest question is, i want to make sure since i am going to be voiding my warranty, that i dont screw anything up. I want to redo the inside of the engine. Forged everything so it will handle as much PSI as i want to throw at it. Where should i go to get these items and what should i get? I know heads, rings, crank and what not but i am no expert by any means. What else do i needalong with a clutch, etc. You guys rock as always.

-W
Old 03-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Sn00ganS1337
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Time for me to get a S/C and need some advice

i'm lookin for a supercharger as well, lookin for some help guys.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Rannascar

one word ROUCH... IT IS WARRENTIED... ALSO THE ENGINE
Old 03-26-2006, 11:45 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Yea but i am looking for more then just like 8 psi. I was thinking something around 12-15 but i want to make sure my engine is going to last longer then half a day. I am talking for like 5 years.

-W
Old 03-26-2006, 11:51 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Rods, rod bolts, pistons, rings, main studs, head studs, rod bearings, main bearings, and crankshaft for the rotating assembly. To run that much boost you will also need a new MAF and a completely new fuel system. Don't forget to replace the clutch, TOB, flywheel, and driveshaft. You will also need some suspension work so that you can keep the tires on the ground. There will be many other things that you can replace to ensure the car will still be reliable. While you have the engine apart you might as well get cams and have the heads done.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:06 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GJP05

Rods, rod bolts, pistons, rings, main studs, head studs, rod bearings, main bearings, and crankshaft for the rotating assembly. To run that much boost you will also need a new MAF and a completely new fuel system. Don't forget to replace the clutch, TOB, flywheel, and driveshaft. You will also need some suspension work so that you can keep the tires on the ground. There will be many other things that you can replace to ensure the car will still be reliable. While you have the engine apart you might as well get cams and have the heads done.
+1 on that. You SURE you're ready to spend that much woody? lol
Old 03-27-2006, 12:07 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Yea, i figured as much on those parts. I just wanted a list of all the things i should get before i install everything. Stupid question but would it be easier to get a crate engine with all forged internials and then throw a S/C on it?

-W
Old 03-27-2006, 12:46 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

That depends if you are going to do the work yourself or have a shop do the install. Swapping out the SB is easier then replacing the rotating assembly on the stock block but the price of a built SB plus cost of install will cost more then the cost of rebuilding the stock SB with forged rotating assembly. If money is no problem then go with a built SB and keep the stock block as a spare. If your funding is limited and you can do the work yourself then just buy the forged rotating assembly.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:55 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

I mean i dont care about the money part in a way, i just want to do whats best for the car. Just want to make sure that after the warranty goes, it will be ok when i drive.

-W
Old 03-27-2006, 01:02 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Rannascar

one word ROUCH... IT IS WARRENTIED... ALSO THE ENGINE
What is a "ROUCH"?

Quick Reply: Time for me to get a S/C and need some advice