Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cocky drivers losing races..personaly experienced :) comment

Old 03-27-2006, 10:25 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cocky drivers losing races..personaly experienced :) comment

05 v6 stang vs civic w/ exhuast and who knows what else.... He passed me going in and out of traffic like an ***, i mean, there no were to go you know. But finally i pulled behind him as the light turned red and he moved over to the other lane..i start lol to my self...it start reving, and inching forward...so the light turns green and i beat him by atleast 5 car links before i hit 60, then i stopped...after that, he would not go near me...all i could think was wow, only if i had a gt (which im saving for...about to buy one very soon)

Old 03-27-2006, 11:09 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

all i could think was wow, only if i had a gt (which im saving for...about to buy one very soon)
Why not mod the crap outta that V6 you already have? Some of the guys on the V6 board are already making better than GT power.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrimeScene

I want to here about the new Stangs beating ,what do you call them,ricers?

Picts of the ride and how much the spent on a wind up toy would be a plus,I just love hearing them drive around reminds me of my lawn mower,brrrr brrrr brrrrrr.

CrimeScene
i'll agree that most imports have abit of a high pitch sound to them but that is a pretty ignorant statement, alot of those "riceburners" are really fast... rx-7, 350z, supra, s2000, not to forget the evo and sti... and don't even get me started on the european imports, they have just the same sound but alot more better sounding... like the M3s, etc. what you have to remember is that their cars generally can take a corner a hell of alot better then our cars. You have to respect all cars even if you don't like them.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:11 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

ricers= civics, neons, cailver, etc.

not nice cars like supras, m3's, ferraris, nsxs, 350z's, etc.

Were all talking about those cars that people think are race cars. My friend has a 350z<---not a ricer, and we laough every time some "ricer" wants to race him
Old 03-28-2006, 12:47 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

ricers= civics, neons, cailver, etc.

not nice cars like supras, m3's, ferraris, nsxs, 350z's, etc.

Were all talking about those cars that people think are race cars. My friend has a 350z<---not a ricer, and we laough every time some "ricer" wants to race him
Completely agree with you there. My definition of ricer is a honda civic with the most annoying exhaust note emaginable, the tint has huge bubbles in it, and it has the stick on spinners over those black $10 rims lol.

But indeed there are some crazy civics out there.

I also have to give props to the supra, because that is one car that can be heavily modified, and it can run well or better than most V8's.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:53 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MR.Mustang

i pulled pretty well on a 03 cobra with intake and exhaust (stock pulley tho), and he had absolutely nothing to say afterwards except "damn".

Do us all a favor and don't lie. There is no way you "pulled" on 03 Cobra with mods unless the guy was messing with you. Sorry guy; I am calling BS on this one!
swing by LA next time you are in cali and lemme know ahead of time. bring a stock 03 cobra with you for comparison, and by stock i mean as long as its stock boost level on stock motor and has stock gearing.

honestly i don't care what anyone believes. anyone with decent modding and good dyno tune will see similar results tho...and boy does 150 come on fast when adrenaline is going lol
Old 03-28-2006, 04:14 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

I honestly have nothing against imports,but when I see a honda with an muffler or tip 3x the size of the car thats funny add to the fact that it sounds like a lawn mower,brrrr,brrrrr,brrrrr.

As for cornering well ya true but alot does depend on the driver of it,I had a buddy that raced NHRA and he has a collection of muscle cars,I used to go out with him driving around but now I like life way to much.

CrimeScene