Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cocky drivers losing races..personaly experienced :) comment

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 03:10 AM
Hopen4low12s
1st Gear Member

Default Cocky drivers losing races..personaly experienced :) comment

at a resturant were we all hang out there is a guy there with a kenne bell supercharged mustang 99-04 body my buddy had asked him if he wanted to race an '05 the guy laughed and said bring him on. I got a call and he told me that had just happened so i left the other resturant i was eating at with my family to go over there. I get there the guy comes outside and i said wanna run?? he looks laughs a little says sure . i said how much horsepower you pushen he says about 460 to the wheels so i was kind of scared but we get out on the road from a forty i jump him by about half a car then in 3rd it was a slow but steady pull. He didnt say much except that he wanted to run again and we couldnt catch a light so i just made a U turn and waited going about 13-15 mph he pulls up gives me the sign i hear his engine so i go and WHAMO got him by over a car length before i hit 80. we get back to the resturant and he says "that thing pulls hard for only haveing a little over 300 at the wheels" he kept saying we were dead even so i just agreed i didn't want to embarass the guy infront of his bartending girlfriend...it was a great time .. but i learned most peoples bark is worse than there bite
Old 03-27-2006, 03:44 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Cocky drivers losing races..personaly experienced :) comment

There's no way in hell he had 460 to the wheels. Obviously was lookin to intimidate you.........or his dyno-tuner lied to him big time.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:42 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hopen4low12s

at a resturant were we all hang out there is a guy there with a kenne bell supercharged mustang 99-04 body my buddy had asked him if he wanted to race an '05 the guy laughed and said bring him on. I got a call and he told me that had just happened so i left the other resturant i was eating at with my family to go over there. I get there the guy comes outside and i said wanna run?? he looks laughs a little says sure . i said how much horsepower you pushen he says about 460 to the wheels so i was kind of scared but we get out on the road from a forty i jump him by about half a car then in 3rd it was a slow but steady pull. He didnt say much except that he wanted to run again and we couldnt catch a light so i just made a U turn and waited going about 13-15 mph he pulls up gives me the sign i hear his engine so i go and WHAMO got him by over a car length before i hit 80. we get back to the resturant and he says "that thing pulls hard for only haveing a little over 300 at the wheels" he kept saying we were dead even so i just agreed i didn't want to embarass the guy infront of his bartending girlfriend...it was a great time .. but i learned most peoples bark is worse than there bite
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]Way to represent the 05's. I don't believe people respect them as much as I think they are going to because we're just now finding out what the do's and don'ts are. These 3vs are seriously stacked with potential. When that new Shelby comes out, It's going to be insane. I needed to hear your kill story because my friends(04 Cobra/Camaro SS) at work don't feel these things are a threat. Nice goin!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

and another one bites the dust...

i pulled pretty well on a 03 cobra with intake and exhaust (stock pulley tho), and he had absolutely nothing to say afterwards except "damn".
Old 03-27-2006, 12:12 PM
MR.Mustang
2nd Gear Member

i pulled pretty well on a 03 cobra with intake and exhaust (stock pulley tho), and he had absolutely nothing to say afterwards except "damn".

Do us all a favor and don't lie. There is no way you "pulled" on 03 Cobra with mods unless the guy was messing with you. Sorry guy; I am calling BS on this one!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
quiksilva
1st Gear Member

Nice job.
Sounds like a humbling experience for that other dude.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 03-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Hopen4low12s
1st Gear Member

thanks for the comments i don't usualy brag about beating a car of the same type but this guy was just cocky
Old 03-27-2006, 04:06 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MR.Mustang

Do us all a favor and don't lie. There is no way you "pulled" on 03 Cobra with mods unless the guy was messing with you. Sorry guy; I am calling BS on this one!
Both me and another guy at work with an 05 raced the same Cobra. Of course, we lost but gave the guy a run that he didn't expect for a stock car with 300 ponies.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

I want to here about the new Stangs beating ,what do you call them,ricers?

Picts of the ride and how much the spent on a wind up toy would be a plus,I just love hearing them drive around reminds me of my lawn mower,brrrr brrrr brrrrrr.

CrimeScene
Old 03-27-2006, 08:29 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

Huh ??!!

ORIGINAL: CrimeScene

I want to here about the new Stangs beating ,what do you call them,ricers?

Picts of the ride and how much the spent on a wind up toy would be a plus,I just love hearing them drive around reminds me of my lawn mower,brrrr brrrr brrrrrr.

CrimeScene

Quick Reply: Cocky drivers losing races..personaly experienced :) comment