Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen Supercharger and Auto. Trans.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:11 PM
quiksilva
1st Gear Member

Default Saleen Supercharger and Auto. Trans.

This question is for anyone with a Saleen Supercharger on their '05 or '06 GT automatic. When Saleen reprograms the computer for the supercharger, can they also adjust shift firmness and shift points? I currently have an SCT Excal2/Brenspeed tune, and love the way it shifts. I'm about to go forced induction (I like the Saleen supercharger), but was wondering if Saleen can give me the firm shifts in my auto. trans. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:40 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Supercharger and Auto. Trans.

I strongly considered the Saleen sc mostly because it was the first twin screw available. I held off though because of the application. The only way I would have considered it was if I found a good tuner that offered tunes for it along with a complete package including a higher volume fuel pump, at least 39# injectors and a larger MAF. I also heard their tune wasn't the best for the automatic.

Instead I waited for the Kenne Bell which is a complete install. As far as the shifts in the automatic, only time will tell. They haven't released the application for the automatic 06 yet. The codes in the 06 are different than the 05 so the tunes are different. My experience is they are all very good about answering technical questions. I talked with a fair amount of detail to Saleen, Whipple and Kenne Bell and none of them were reluctant to share information.

Some day though I definitely want to get an SCT2 with my Kenne Bell. I'm sure in a year or 2 when they've been out for a while, someone will be selling SCT2 with good tunes for a Kenne Bell sc on my 06 automatic. -Joe
Old 03-29-2006, 12:55 AM
canes44
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Supercharger and Auto. Trans.

But the Roushcharger is finally availalble for Autos now!