Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

grr ford!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:45 PM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: grr ford!

Do a search here http://www.autotrader.com/

Lots of Black ones in there,even if its in Pa the dealer should be able to get it for ya.

CrimeScene
Old 03-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

the guys up here in ny say that the emmissions are not the same and i could not order if from florida, so we went to a different dealership, this guy has been alot nicer, he's doing all he can to get me this car, hes looking right now for a black 06 5 speed gt with the 18' polished al. rims with leather. Im gonna give them a call back in a little bit to figure this whole thing out. I want my car by june third because of the all ford show in PA.
I'd get a second opinion on that. Sounds to me like they just don't want to lose your business. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought all mustangs were built the same?
Old 03-29-2006, 06:47 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

Call around. There are a lot more ponies sitting on the lots these days.

[old geezer voice] Back in my day there was nothin'! I called every dealership in 5 states, and drove across 3 to get mine! Uphill! Both ways!! In the snow!!! Barefoot!!!! [/old geezer voice]
Old 03-29-2006, 06:54 PM
GTRacing
1st Gear Member

If a dealership can find the car you want without the wheels, you should be able to pay for the car as if the wheels were on it and have the dealership issue a "We Owe Slip". That is how they do it in Houston. I bought an Audi drove it for a couple weeks until they got the wheels and then they swaped them out. I know Ford does the same because I paid for my GT as if it had a homelink mirror and satelite radio. I got both the next week. I've even had dealerships swap tires (since I won't drive on Firestone or Bridgestone). If they want to make a sale they'll do what they have to do. We have all read what a dump Ford and GM took last year. Remind them of that, might help.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Emissions aren't a problem for the new Mustangs... Actually, they are better than average in that aspect... You can look at the little scale on the sticker and it'll show you the rating the Mustang got, compared to the average rating of vehicles.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:39 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

my dad said that he talked to some guy thats a major part of ford or what not , and he said that the emmissions are different. I dont know, the dealer still hasnt called me back, he said he'll call right back at 3pm. Maybe ill just put an order in for an '07 and pick it up in september. But it really bugs me, i wanted my car for summer.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

the guys up here in ny say that the emmissions are not the same and i could not order if from florida, so we went to a different dealership, this guy has been alot nicer, he's doing all he can to get me this car, hes looking right now for a black 06 5 speed gt with the 18' polished al. rims with leather. Im gonna give them a call back in a little bit to figure this whole thing out. I want my car by june third because of the all ford show in PA.
Try Haldeman Ford in East Windsor, NJ. From what I saw yesterday, he may have a black GT Coupe with the 18" polished rims sitting in front of his building.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sean3667

Try Haldeman Ford in East Windsor, NJ. From what I saw yesterday, he may have a black GT Coupe with the 18" polished rims sitting in front of his building.
I checked Haldeman's Inventory through the Ford "build your vehicle" search. They do have an '06 GT Premium in black with 18" wheels ... except it's an automatic.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I know there is a Ford Dealership in Haddonfield, NJ, I think.. They have like 10 Black GT's... Convertibles too.. Polished wheels I do believe were on some too.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

But it really bugs me, i wanted my car for summer.
I think that's part of Fords plan. Makes it hard to get what you want for the summer, so you'll take damn near anything (I know I did last year, the only two things I got that I wanted was A)Black Exterior, and B) Manual Transmission, no IUP, no leather, but I still love it). It also helps with the hype. Why else would they keep introducing the new models in Fall?

Quick Reply: grr ford!