Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dealer screwed up....so pissed

Old 04-05-2006, 12:13 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Default Dealer screwed up....so pissed

Ok, so the dealer got the wrong color car so I'm pissed. Originally I was looking for a Tungsten Gray GT but couldn't find one that had both the anti-theft and side airbags (my 2 BIG requirements). Then I went on to looking for a red one. The dealer found one in Atlanta so they had it brought up and I was to pick it up yesterday. So I drive down (120 miles away) and I get there, and its the maroon/burgandy (sp?) color. Needless to say I said no thank you as I was not interested in that color. Now I am getting a black one Saturday.

Just pissed as I drove 240 miles (round trip) for nothing. Not to mention I had to take off work for it as well. Ok rant over!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:30 PM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer screwed up....so pissed

Sucks when a dealership doesn't get what you want. I used to work for one and they would do anything to make the sale. Even if they had to push you into a vehicle that you didn't. They will tell one thing on the phone and it could/would be different when you actually got there!!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:24 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Well, technically that color is called redfire, so it is red. Unless you specified which red you wanted they probably didn't know or consider it.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:34 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

The fact that I only looked at the torch red cars on the lot (all 3 of them) and that I pointed out that I didn't like the burgundy (redfire), you would hope the dealer would know the name of the paint when i say I want a red car.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:10 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I bet they brought it in hopeing you might like it when you drove all that way to see it. Did they say "just take it for a ride and see how you like it" Old desperate trick..
Old 04-05-2006, 03:23 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Nope, they said its outside, I went outside, saw it and said, nope that's not it. Their response was" Uhh.....well........" The salesmen didn't realize it wasn't red either till right then, supposedly he hadnt done any work with it since it got there, it was all on someone else.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kcary

Now I am getting a black one Saturday.
I have a black GT too.... NEVER AGAIN!

Black looks AWESOME when clean... unfortunately to keep it that way, you have to wash it 3 times a friggin week[:@]
Old 04-05-2006, 06:25 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I know that. Have to admit that the Mr. Clean Autodry thing works great for fast washing though.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:30 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kcary

Yeah I know that. Have to admit that the Mr. Clean Autodry thing works great for fast washing though.
Sorry but that is one of the worst things you can use to wash your car with. If you are going to own a black car i highly suggest you joint a detail forum such as detailcity.com and go learn what it take to really keep that car looking great. Washing is the single most thing that is responsible for scratches and swirls in cars. I use a two bucket method to wash all my cars and truck one with soap and one with plain water. I also have grit guards in both buckets. I use three Sheepskin Mitts to wash my vehicles. I would suggest you go to Autogeek.com and read there detail info pages on washing and caring for a car you will be amazed at what it takes to really keep a car looking good and not doing more damage to it when washing it. Now i am a little **** when it comes to detailing but i like my vehicle to look there best. I also have instructed the dealer i ordered my car from to NOT wash it and deliver it to me in the condition it arrives. Those hacks at the dealership will destroy the finsh. Also do not ever go to a drive through wash.

Richard
Old 04-05-2006, 09:18 PM
kingfish

Have had my black gt for about 2 weeks and live and drive down dirt roads .I must say that I am about to just say F it and let it get dirty. Took it to a lazer wash today,not wanting to go there but I have no other choice,and get this. I am washing my car yesterday after work over at my fathers house due to the fact that I have extremely hard well water.Well the next door neighbors have these
damned canada geese that like to hang out. I am hosing off the car when I here a sound: an awfull sound . The geese were drinking water from the car that had run down the side ,slapping there beaks against the finish ."ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !@#$%^&* little bastards". I wanted to put the shotgun to them so bad." Uncle Jessy style ". Instead I gave them the punt right to the breast. I will be eating goose next duck season.
So the geese get back to hanging out behind the car while I am trying to dry it.Well here comes Dad : great fellow. But in his infinite wisdom is armed with a leaf blower." I'll get them damned geese."VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and blows a cloud of dirt all over my just washed ,still wet ,black ,damned car. Cussed ,hosed it off and did 90 to dry it off. That is why I went to the laser wash and the clean lasted for about 30 minutes . I used to have a green hull fishing boat that was the same way.Oh well , I am just going to have to drive the **** out of her and not sweat a little dirt ,but the geese and the leaf blower ?Thank God for a cold beer at the end of the day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer screwed up....so pissed