Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

newb: special orders and option codes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Helium

Default newb: special orders and option codes?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, and thinking hard about getting a new Mustang.

Background: worked at a Ford dealership in the mid '80's, so first hand knowledge of 5.0's and SVO's. Never owned a Mustang myself, but several Fords. Was reared on Dad's '65 coupe and '68 GT.

I pored over the brochures and did a lot of searching around the forums to see what I can learn. Apparently I'm outside the normal demographic, because what I want is a 'stripper' Mustang. The GT comes with a bunch of options I don't want; I'm primarily interested in something that is as light as possible with only basic comforts. To that end, I've actually been considering a base V6 Mustang. On the other hand, there could be special order codes I don't know about. I've read up on the FRPP power packs, and those are interesting.

Does anyone know if special order codes exist for the Mustang, as there used to be back in the day? Something like a 'police package' or 'extreme duty' package maybe. I'd like the V8, the good 5-speed, and the 8.8 axle with traction lock and 3:73's or 4:10's, but that's about it. Cloth manual seats, no frills, etc. You get the idea. I don't care about stripes, spoilers, 18-in wheels, scoops, interior upgrades, or any other doodads.

Can it be done?