Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

To: GT owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: To: GT owners

Somehow, somewhere, a percieved animosity between GT owners and V6 owners was generated. I'm glad to see that everyone answering has contributed to destroying that stupid perception.

So I'll add my effort:

It's your car, it's a Mustang, we're all Mustang enthusiasts which (almost by definition) means we understand the desire to mod to your individual tastes, so do what you like. Enjoy....and send pics.

Best
-j
Old 04-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

I dont think you should be able to mimic everything about the GT with a V6, it takes away from the individuality of the GT. I don't think Ford should even sell GT looking parts for the V6, it just takes away from us. If you can have a V6 looking the same as us, but not performing anywhere near us, then it gives GT's a bad name when you race someone. As they are thinking its a GT. However it is your car, and you can do whatever you want to it. I agree with one of the previous posts that mod it and such, just make it individual, not a GT knockoff. Unless you have modded to a point where it will take a stock GT, then thats ok.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:02 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

There is a girl at my work who has a 2002 V6 Stang... It's auto, has alot of mods to make it look like a GT. She talked so much smack to me about how she could beat me and how her car sounded louder then mine (this was back when i had a 00 GT VERT with MRT H-Pipe and SLP Loudmouths). We were in the parking lot at work, and she reved her engine to show off the exhaust she had (dual of course but looks funny without a real GT rear bumper). It sounded horrible and then i reved mine, set off the car alarms from the cars next to me. Her jaw dropped, and I drove off. Now she wants to do an engine swap to a V8 and also wants to put a manual Tranny in there. I told her she was stupid and just to buy a used GT if she was going to go through all that much trouble.

I think if you wanna mod up your car and even though I may think it looks stupid, as long as you like it then nothing else matters. But there also comes a point where, like her mods, they are just pointless when you could spend less money and just have a real GT.

I am with everybody else. As long as you don't go around trying to be a GT and saying it's one, then it's cool. Just don't be like her becuse she just looks stupid when she opens her mouth.

-W
Old 04-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Phrosty
1st Gear Member

I think its cool if you try to make it look like a GT, but my only suggestion is make it as fast as a GT before you start putting on the GT emblems.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:23 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jet22

hey guys I am a '05 V6 owner and I have been modding my car[8D], I have no intention of trying to imitate a GT in any way and I know there are alot of "posers" out there that try puting on GT emblems and s#$#. But I was wondering does it bother you guys that people like me are puting on GT griles and Dual pipes? just trying to see things from your view point
I think putting on GT badges might be a bit much but then GT owners are slapping Shelby badges on their cars. I know it doesn't bother me, but not sure why people would buy a V6 only to try and make it look like a GT when for a little more a GT could have been bought.

Good luck with yours!
Old 04-09-2006, 04:30 PM
millergt
1st Gear Member

I had this discussion with some V6 owners in the past and they FREAKED out. Basically mods are fine without GT emblems on them. Like the other guys said. Dudes running with the 6 that claim to have the 8 and then get beat in a race just make all mustangs look bad. My question on the dual exhaust. Does it make your car perform better? How about twin turbo with that dual exhaust. Then you would have something.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

the V6 looks so weak next to the GT. I don't blame you for wanting it to look tougher. Just remember something, Putting money into things that make it look like a GT is a waste of money IMO. Putting money into the motor so that it drive like a GT, that is great. You can mod that 6 out to 300+hp. That is what you should do.

It's like buying a 9mm glock pistol and making it look like the .45

No matter what you do, it is still only a 9mm.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:04 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

I think putting on GT badges might be a bit much but then GT owners are slapping Shelby badges on their cars. I know it doesn't bother me, but not sure why people would buy a V6 only to try and make it look like a GT when for a little more a GT could have been bought.

Good luck with yours!

I so agree with you!

People all over are putting Shelby GT500 stickers and emblems on there cars and that's totally fine by me IF the car originally was a GT but then again, if a V6 does it and tries to pose as a GT with an emblem, that's just wrong. It is especially wrong if you bought your car for 20K, added 4K mods to it and with that kinda dough, you could have bought an actual GT!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:10 PM
miketx
1st Gear Member

lol are yalls egos that fragile? embarresed that a 6 might put GT badges on their car and get beat in a race? come on lol... hell a bunch of you are putting shelby badges on your GT. I say they can do whatever they want to their cars
Old 04-09-2006, 07:25 PM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

Note to the moderators: OP asked.

LOL.

Quick Reply: To: GT owners