Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

To: GT owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:59 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: To: GT owners

yea; but everybody knows that the gt500 are still really gt's. Alot people can have a hard time knowing if a v6 w/ dual exhuast and fog lights. imo if you want a gt, go buy one. But then again, its ur car; not mine.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

I dont care what you do to your car, as long as you dont beat me. If you do, Ill head back to the shop for more goodies! I think a sleeper has a lot of appeal too. Just my opinion.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:41 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lucy2005

I dont care what you do to your car, as long as you dont beat me. If you do, Ill head back to the shop for more goodies! I think a sleeper has a lot of appeal too. Just my opinion.
I agree, sleepers rule!!! I know a guy who has a 91 lx 5.0 mustang w/ the lther top thats all riped up, the leather seats are all riped up and every thing looks like ****, but its runs in the 10's, talk about a sleeper.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:26 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

You paid for it, all of it, V6, all the V6 mods, everything. This is America (well, it's where I am from anyway). You can do whatever you want!

As for the badging issue, see above. My personal opinion (and maybe I'll get flamed for this, but whatever) is that whatever it is that you bought, whether it is a V6, GT, 500GT, or whathaveyou, is exactly that. IMO putting "better" car badges on your vehicle is just cheating yourself. if you can't spend the money to have the real thing, then you shouldn't fake it. Now, if you want to mod the hell out of your car and make it look totally stock, well....that would be entertaining
Old 04-10-2006, 04:00 AM
alfromcal846
2nd Gear Member

i agree with most people here to mod your v6 how u want it. Because i know that GT owners get chin spoilers, grill deletes, superchargers and stuff that cobras and mach 1's have. It doesnt mean we are trying to imitate them its just that we like the appearence and performance like u guys.

This goes with something that happened today. Some teenager in a green mustang 99-04 model v6 thinks hes the **** with his system sounding to the point of deafness, 20" rims, dual exhaust and he cuts me off and at the next light gets on my right and revs his engine and what not. I just sit there all calm and everything and at the green light i go and show him the difference between 8 and 6 as he is looking at my emergency lights.

I would suggest not doing that especially if you know you are gonna look stupid and have no chance. Its like me stepping up to a cobra and me thinking im hot ****. not recommended!

2003 Ford Mustang GT premium 27k miles bone stock
Old 04-10-2006, 04:42 AM
jet22
2nd Gear Member

ok It looks like some of you guys misunderstood me... I don't want to look like a gt(because I am not a GT) , I like the look of the fog lights, looks mean and I am keeping the stock v6 faicia all the way around, as for the exhaust I like the look and sound and proformance. Right now I have a single pipe.

I Do NOT have any intention of adding a GT emblem, lol thats just gay(poseing that is)

also; for some reason some where along the road, a certain animosity (thank you philstang) has developed between V8 and V6 mustangs... there is no reason, my slightly modded sixer has like zero chance against a stock GT. So someone please tell me where this whole thing started?

Old 04-10-2006, 02:07 PM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

Since you asked,

I'll go ahead and once again admit to believing V6 mustangs inferior. Every time I see one on my 45 minute drive to work I see at least 1 and I pull on the side of him (assuming it's a him), I look them in the face, I shake my head and I do the "air-slap".....the dismissive one, then I put it in 4th and I drive off. I don't do this to every single V6 I see because about half of them are driven by women.........ladies.

You putting duals on your V6 to me would be posing badly. I mean, Isn't it bad enough that as a guy, a man (assuming you are a "him"), you have to relegate yourself to driving a V6 mustang?

I could be wrong, but It seems to me that you yourself don't really even like the fact that it's a V6.

There are certainly worse cars you could have gotten yourself into, but in my opinion, and apparently many others, You would have been better off buying a Taurus or something.

I've only had my GT for 2 months, but let me tell you, I was catching the bus to the BART (bay area's version of the subway) to work for the better part of 5 months; that ride entailed a 2 1/2 hour ride to and a 2 1/2 hour trip back. I kept seeing sales on V6's (as well as Kia's) but I passed. NO WAY IN HELL would I be caught driving a 6 cylinder mustang. I would still have had a $300 car payment (my car payment is now $399 with my GT)....It just didn't make sense. My friends would have laughed at me, my coworkers would have shaked their heads, my mother would have slapped me, and my father would have turned in his grave. LOL. So I literally would rather walk than drive a 6 cylinder Mustang, and I quite literally did. I bid my time and when I found my GT stang for $23495, I jumped at it with 4,400 down.

You are now putting duals and stuff on your 6, seemingly making it into a GT, or at least something that resembles a GT.

So, jet22, I have to ask you, respectively, why did you get a 6 knowing you weren't REALLY happy with it?
Old 04-10-2006, 02:41 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Thug, you're the kind of guy that starts the percieved animosity. You embarass me and all other GT owners.

V6 or V8, it's still a Mustang.

As for the dual pipes, they're totally fine on any car that has two cylinder banks (read: V series engine) so go right ahead.

Do the whole conversion, just leave the badges off.

I apologise for Thug... he's uh... Not representative of the real GT community.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:50 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: persistantthug

Since you asked,

I'll go ahead and once again admit to believing V6 mustangs inferior. Every time I see one on my 45 minute drive to work I see at least 1 and I pull on the side of him (assuming it's a him), I look them in the face, I shake my head and I do the "air-slap".....the dismissive one, then I put it in 4th and I drive off. I don't do this to every single V6 I see because about half of them are driven by women.........ladies.

You putting duals on your V6 to me would be posing badly. I mean, Isn't it bad enough that as a guy, a man (assuming you are a "him"), you have to relegate yourself to driving a V6 mustang?

I could be wrong, but It seems to me that you yourself don't really even like the fact that it's a V6.

There are certainly worse cars you could have gotten yourself into, but in my opinion, and apparently many others, You would have been better off buying a Taurus or something.

I've only had my GT for 2 months, but let me tell you, I was catching the bus to the BART (bay area's version of the subway) to work for the better part of 5 months; thats ride entailed a 2 1/2 hour ride to and a 2 1/2 hour trip back. I kept seeing sales on V6's (as well as Kia's) but I passed. NO WAY IN HELL would I be caught driving a 6 cylinder mustang. I would still have had a $300 car payment (my car payment is now $399 with my GT)....I just didn't make sense. My friends would have laughed at me, my coworkers would have shaked their heads, my mother would have slapped me and my father would have turned in his grave. LOL. So I literally would rather walk than drive a 6 cylinder Mustang, and I quite literally did. I bid my time and when I found my GT stang for $23495, I jumped at it with 4,400 down.

You are now putting duals and stuff on your 6, seemingly making it into a GT, or at least something that resembles a GT.

So, jet22, I have to ask you, respectively, why did you get a 6 knowing you weren't REALLY happy with it?

Anger issues? Take it easy tough guy....

Old 04-10-2006, 02:55 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

imo, i agree w/ gg and thug. Its your car...so no matter what ive seen alot worse then what ur doing (ex= civic w/ over priced everything). But im letting you know there are people that think like thug out there that are going to laough, and if a car beats u...there going to think they beat a GT. I see you all ready have fog lights that look like the gts' and w/ dual exhuast..its really looks like one. I see you allready have a shaker 1000, and other stuff. So i would say you could of pursched a gt if you wana stop, which leads to my next question and be honest, im not going to make fun of u and i really could care less, but why didnt you get a GT? Insurance, gas? got a deal on the 6?

I have a few more questions for you...

Have you ever driven a gt or a 300hp car?

do you like another people do look at ur car?

do you like to kick *** at stop lights?

you like to be loud?

maybe we can get you on are side..lol, the dark side....

Ive driven my brother 6 conv...lol, he just donest care about hp or stuff like that...and ive beat the pants of ricers before w/ it..but they knew it was a 6...

Quick Reply: To: GT owners