Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

To: GT owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:52 PM
tungstenGT06

Default RE: To: GT owners

i was more bout looks than power with the v6 but with the GT i'll be goin towards horses and torque
Old 04-17-2006, 01:17 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

What gets me is the people spend all the money to make a 6 look like an 8 when they could have just bought an 8 to begin with. Think about it, take the money spent to look like an 8 added to the cost of a 6....... Some people make no sense.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

I see nothing wrong with putting the GT grill and foglights on a v6, nor do I see anything wrong with putting the v6 pony package grill setup on a GT.
I really don't view it as making a 6 look like an 8, or vice versa.
I look at it as wanting your car to look a certain way.
Mods are one thing, badges are another.
Putting a GT badge, or cobra, etc, is an attempt to pass the car off as something it's not.
I say, mod away!
Leave the badges alone.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

As a GT owner, I really don't care what someone does to their V6, as long as they're not putting badges on it and/or trying to claim it as a bona fide GT ... just like I think it's ridiculous for GT owners to slap fake GT500, Cobra, or Shelby badges on their cars. No matter what you claim, the VIN is still going to give it away as being a poser.

Maybe it's from being a bit older ... but there is a certain realization that a lot of guys simply like tinkering with cars to make them run faster than factory stock. Hell, there's probably a few 6's 'round these boards, that will go faster than my straight-from-the-showroom GT. If a guy buys a V6, and wants to modify it ... who cares? To each their own.

Personally, I don't have the time, nor garage space, to be doing a lot of mods. Just putting on a light bar took having to borrow someone's driveway to tear the back seat apart, because my homeowners' association frowns on people working on their cars in the parking lot (I live in a condo). I bought the GT because I wanted the power and look, and knew that home-grown performance mods weren't really an option.

So ... no worries V6 owners ... most of us don't view it as a "motor envy."
Old 04-18-2006, 01:19 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

like what everyone saying here, do what you want. But imo, to make it look almost like a gt (fog lights, dual exhuast) and all this stuff..i would just modd for car to be more "custom" and not look like a "GT", thats just what i think. Even though most people say as long as you dont badge it, but if "most" people all ready think its a gt, they you should just badge it by then (just what i think)

If i was you, i "would of" saved up and got a gt (which i really did do..but then again this isnt my first sport car)

or i would modd your car, but not make it look like a gt (theres tons of body kits, bumbers, lights, etc for all mustangs; v6s, gts, svt's, etc)

thats just what i would do...