Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

To: GT owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 05:37 AM
jet22
2nd Gear Member

Default To: GT owners

hey guys I am a '05 V6 owner and I have been modding my car[8D], I have no intention of trying to imitate a GT in any way and I know there are alot of "posers" out there that try puting on GT emblems and s#$#. But I was wondering does it bother you guys that people like me are puting on GT griles and Dual pipes? just trying to see things from your view point
Old 04-09-2006, 05:42 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: To: GT owners

I think as long as you don't tack on any GT emblems or tell ppl that it's a GT when it's not, then technically you're not posin'.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:44 AM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

Hey man, it's totally cool if you want the look of a GT. Just don't go putting a GT badge on there or claim that it is a GT. Like he said ^^^^ Go for it!
Old 04-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Hamerhead

I wanted to do just the opposite: I like the looks of the Pony grill more than the GT grill, and I wanted to take the badges off (for clean, uninterupted lines), but found out they used those damn alignment pins, so the fenders have holes.
I'm from the 'less is more' camp. I have the spoiler, but would love to have the car with no other 'added on'-looking stuff. This body needs no enhancement.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:48 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jet22

hey guys I am a '05 V6 owner and I have been modding my car[8D], I have no intention of trying to imitate a GT in any way and I know there are alot of "posers" out there that try puting on GT emblems and s#$#. But I was wondering does it bother you guys that people like me are puting on GT griles and Dual pipes? just trying to see things from your view point
Hell, I say do what ya wanna do... its your car... you can even be a "poser" if ya want... even rice... we'll just laugh at you....
Old 04-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I think every car deserves to have Dual exhaust, especially a Mustang! V6 or not. Though in my opinion there shouldn't even be a V6 modeled Mustang, but they can't stop that now... They've been doing it for decades.

As far as people making their Pony's look like GTs, that's a bit hard to say. It would certainly give the GT a bad name, especially if the punk kid in the Pony thought he would show off and ends up just embarassing himself, getting beat by some 210hp Jetta or something.

All in all it's your car and you should make it look however you want... Though if you wanted it to look like a GT you should have saved a few more grand and got that then.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:55 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

imo, if you add the dual exhuast, and even are bumbers and fog lights...then thats just too much. But if you go for ur own look, thats kool. Just mo. But it is ur car, do what u want
Old 04-09-2006, 01:15 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Like others have said, it's your car and you're free to make any modifications to your car. The dual exhaust and fog lights don't bother me, just don't tell anyone that it's a GT and don't put any of the GT emblems on it.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

It's your Stang.Do as you wish.Get creative,Put a Hemi badge on it.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:20 PM
jet22
2nd Gear Member

Ya There is no mistaking it for a V6 when I get on the pedal... I think i may do the duals' with an aftermarket bodykit from street scene... oh and so far 6 Races and I havnt lost yet. I always make sure they know Its a 6er, then they get real embarrased

Quick Reply: To: GT owners