Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hardtop GT PREMIUM PACKAGING and most OPTIONS waste of money?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:17 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hardtop GT PREMIUM PACKAGING and most OPTIONS waste of money?

How can the "the whole Mustang is a waste of money" when like every other car on the road it can take you from point A to point B. I'm no philosopher; ... a software developer by trade and that's the simplest logic that will pass through my brain today.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:34 PM
ultraclyde

two words: RED LEATHER

Thant's Why.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

i got my 05 with the "deluxe" package for several reasons:

1)i didn't like the leather, and if i wanted leather i would do custom upholstery for the same cost as factory leather
2)i have $5000.00 in stereo equipment in my garage and didn't want a sh**ty sound system (by my standards) for 1200$
3)i DID want the IUP and mycolor

got the car for 26k out the door instead of 28.5
Old 04-10-2006, 04:47 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

I got mine with the premium red leather upgrade and the passive alarm. Why? Cause I could. Why did I stick with the basic Bullit wheels, I like the old style look (matches the cragar's on my 65') Point is, it doesn't really matter what you think. Get what YOU like, and everyone else will get what THEY like. And you can laugh (to yourself) while you believe you were smarter than all the rest of us. Fact of the matter, didn't matter what interior or options you pick, they all weigh the same so there is NO argument for performance differences. And yes, I am pretty comfortable saying that the auto can be every bit as quick as the standard with the right mods and right driver. I have beaten several at the track allready. And been beaten by several as well.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

stick better, lol. auto's are no fun and the auto mustang cant downshift for ****; i remeber when i drove my bother auto and i hit the gas and it would ds too low of a gear and then shift again..so it took forever to shift and go...so passing people was a pain.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grasshopper

"But seriously, why get stuff you don't need?"
That is in fact why they are called Options not Mandatories.

Realistically, the whole Mustang is a waste of money. It's not aerodynamic, it's inefficient, and has no cargo or passenger space. Unfortunately, people have free will and they assess the requirements they have for themselves and determine what fits most appropriately.
What's inefficient about it?

People that concerned about aerodynamice generally wouldn't be buying a V-8 to begin with, they'd go for gas saving aeorodynamic hybrids.

And it isn't exactly a "waste of money". Maybe to you, but not to me. If I want cargo space, I'll drive my 2004 F150. It has much more cargo space than cars, so I guess cars would be a "waste of money" because they don't have as much cargo space as my truck. And since I'm not going to be using my Mustang as a taxi, so much for worrying about passenger space.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:31 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

stick better, lol. auto's are no fun and the auto mustang cant downshift for ****; i remeber when i drove my bother auto and i hit the gas and it would ds too low of a gear and then shift again..so it took forever to shift and go...so passing people was a pain.
Or you use you handheld programer and tighten up the shift schedules, increase the line presures, and lock the converter later than stock. The tiptronic tranny will manually shift with the stick up or down and we NEVER miss a shift. Kind of cool I can leave it in drive, turn -2sec 60ft. times, and be within .003 on every pass. Can you??