Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

for anyone who has MyColor

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:43 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: for anyone who has MyColor

I like mine. Just something I have never thought about before getting, but now that I have it I change it a lot. Like a kid with a new toy..
Old 04-10-2006, 03:09 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

well i like having my lights the same color as my car.....my only problem as i said would be that all the other switches on the dorrs and stuff will still be green
Old 04-10-2006, 04:44 PM
jerzystang
1st Gear Member

The color differnce from the my color and radio never bother me much, its a cool feature to have but like most say its not a deal breaker. I mainly got the option to break up the all black dash, I have the black interior with black exterior.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:20 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

I know; the green here and there wouldn't bother me that much. ...just enough not to order it. ...would have been really neat though if everything changed; just was a bit dissapointed when I found out what was still green and just decided against it. ...but yeah, pretty cool JTS.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Volguus

As someone who doggedly drove with a stock '90 dash for 13 years, you bet I got the MyColor in my '06! When all your exterior lights are off, the dash is still backlit with a 50% strength white light. So I get a "wow" factor from my passengers at night when I start the car and turn on the lights, changing the dash from calm white to bright blue.

Actually, the Stang dash can be a circus of color when it wants. No matter what you set MyColor to, the oil, gas, battery etc. indicators will still change to all red when they reach a warning condition. Example, the Gas gauge goes red when you have about 8 miles of gas left. This would be the only disadvantage I could think of by setting MyColor to Red... you may not notice a gauge warning.

The Status readout is green no matter what, of course, the Cruise Control an even brighter green, and if you have passengers like mine, you are also treated to a pretty orange "Seat Belt" indicator because they keep forgetting to buckle up!

- K -
Old 04-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Eyre

My opinion of the MyColor option is that it's completely useless. It was kind of neat for the first minute or so, but I probably won't keep messing with it. I would rather have a trunk release button inside the car. I hope Ford didn't spend money this feature . . . If they did, I have more suggestions, haha.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:31 PM
jrbtfarr

I have mine set on a pretty blue color, but it does look a bit silly when the console lights, etc., remain green. Overall, the ability to change colors does get old after the first couple of minutes. You aren't missing much.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:25 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

i just got it cuz i want the int upgrade so i could get the red lther and side air bags
Old 04-14-2006, 02:39 PM
peonslayer

I have had the GT for about 9 months and have pretty much forgot about the MyColor. I set mine to blue and it is always on it. All in all since the days of it delaying orders are gone I say it is worth it. It only costs $250 more than the upgrade package that does everything else. I really wouldn't want to have to stick with green all the time. It is kind of cool to show to new friends because it isn't something other cars do. One thing I do find annoying about MyColor is you cannot set the RGB components to 0. This keeps you from creating the pure forms of some colors.

For example you can pick RED in the menu option. That would be 5 0 0. Now yellow is not an option in the menu so you have to create it. But you can't pick 0 5 5. You have to pick 1 5 5. So the yellow has a tint to it. I was a little disappointed in this. Now yellow is not that cool of a color, but there are others that would be that you can't create.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:37 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

I like it because I can set my guages to red or orange and that is not bad on your eyes at night. If I recollect, the European cars use similar orange/red color as well. I have mine set on red now.

Blue, green and purple look weird! Blue with the red needles on the gauges will "vibrate" when you look at the readout!

White like it is when you don't have the lights on looks ok, but it doesn't look that bright at night.

Thx,

Mike

Quick Reply: for anyone who has MyColor