Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Down goes Frazier! Ok, it was a Mach1... and it didn't go down... ah just read it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 02:20 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default Down goes Frazier! Ok, it was a Mach1... and it didn't go down... ah just read it!

Hmmmm how to put this so it's fair to the other guy who had an obviously different observation angle but I think this is a fair depiction of the event. I was going south on Randall passing Dundee ,IL and behind me pulls up a very very nice Mach1. He stays behind me until we pass I90, we get up to Big Timber and he is in front of me, (there are police traps prior to this so we stayed out of it) so the light turns green, he pulls out I move to the right and we nail it. I pull by him about a car and pull a little more until the middle of third and we both have to back off because we're nearing police trap territory again (well, the whole damn section is but most people know them as well)...

We both take the East ramp onto Route 20 and drive a bit and line up doing about 45, we nail it, I was in 2nd, I could tell he was too. We're even for a bit, he pulls a little ahead and when I hit fourth I start reeling in his slight lead, he ended up with his front bumper about at my fender just behind my drivers door at almost the top of fourth when all was said and done.

We turned into the Ranch and checked out each others car, he was impressed with my car and said he didn't expect much of a run at all and I told him I expected my first loss (to be 100% honest, I thought he would walk by me), but hey it's a friggin Mach1, that would have been just fine, I could deal with that!

He has the C&L CAI, 93 tune and cat back exhaust. My mods, few as they are, are in my sig.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Down goes Frazier! Ok, it was a Mach1... and it didn't go down... ah just read it!

nice race.... i really like those close races when staying together.... havent had any of them either i fly away from them or behind them ... but only this holden monaro 2002 (AKA lumina ss in the middle east)) it was moded it was tuned and had filter and cams and stuff .... it was my first race on my manual gt.. i gasses the shot out of my car like 5000 rpms and then let go of the clutch my tires kept burning but still i was front and then i went to 2 and then to 3rd and he was gaining on me so when i got to 4 he was infront of me and our speed was the same but he was gaining more....

but after all its not too bad..its got a 5.7L v8 engine ... with 330 hps under the hood (STOCK ) his was modded though so i would say it had more than 350 hps under the hood ...