Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What would be the problem ?..plz help ( friends gt )

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 08:14 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default What would be the problem ?..plz help ( friends gt )

Well to make it clearer read first...

My friend had a 05 manual GT ... it had over 80,000 kms on the milage ... he really likes to stomp on the gas alot,but 2 months ago he heard some sounds under the hood so he took it to the dealer and they had to get him new cams they replaced it ... new stock cams cuz they said they woudnt install aftermarket ones for him ...
anyway today he was driving his mustang as usual ... ( he doesnt respect the V8 under the hood ) anyway he got out of the car it was still on and when he got back in it he saw something like Failure safe engine or something like that... the mustang worked fine but whenever he gets it over 4000 rpm it just boggs down and stays at 3 .. so he stopped the car for sometime and then got back in it and it was totally fine, Later that day he got back to it and drove it and it happened again saying failure safe engine mode and still bogs when he got it to 4000 rpm's ... so then he stopped the car and called me just to check whats wrong so I got there and I turned the engine on and nothing was wrong ... i checked everything i know and nothing is wrong with it ...

so then i remembered that we car restart the system if we disconnected the batteries so i disconnected them and waited for 10 mins then got them back ... i test drove the mustang and it was totally fine ... he said it drives fine for a while but then it just happen out of no where saying failure engine safe mode... so i want to know what could be wrong with it ?

my friend also said that last time he took it to the dealer they just replaced 4 spark plugs and left the other side with the old ones... now how stupid is that ? really so stupid dealer ...

and i also noticed that his clutch is way heavier than my clutch .... it was hard to push... imagine 4 times harder than the normal clutch he said no its normal like that ... but it's not cuz i also noticed the clutch pedal is not in the same position as mine ... its down there... and u have to use extra force for clutch ... what could be the problem here ??? is it the clutch cable or some rubbers or something ?

tomorrow morning im going with him to the dealer they cheated him by not replacing all spark plugs, just tell me what should i let them check in my freinds car..

thanks
Old 04-15-2006, 04:14 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What would be the problem ?..plz help ( friends gt )

What are the mods on his car, if any?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:34 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GGIII

What are the mods on his car, if any?
Bone stock.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:37 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Do you, or he, have a handheld tuner? Diablosport/SCT/Other?

A few things to check:

MAF sensor (on the intake). Make sure it's connected properly and fully inserted.
Make sure all the vaccuum lines on the engine are inserted properly.
What kind of gas is he running?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:48 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Nop no tuner.. just stock..

and I'll have him chech the MAF sensors and see about that ... and he is runing unleaded 95 octane .... there is no 93 octane in here just the 95 and 98 ...
Old 04-15-2006, 04:51 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

95 and 98 ..

Lucky sobs... With all your domestic oil.... Haha

Neways, is it throwing a check engine light or just going into safe mode?

It sounds like it may be misfiring, which would be explained by the coils not being replaced if they needed to be.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:51 AM
93BlackNotch
2nd Gear Member

It's probably the fuel he's running in it.... It's a proven fact the 3 valve motors make the most power on 87.....(If they are on a stock tune).... Do a search on it...
Old 04-15-2006, 05:05 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Guys ... Problem is solved... the problem was 2 days ago he took it to the car wash and they sprayed water on the engine which is a stupid idea and caused water to do some problems in the connections and to the plugs... and those dumbasses washed his filter with water and his filter is muddy now ... lol .... he is going to install a new stock filter but he still wants racing plugs ....

here is the 2nd post https://mustangforums.com/m_1257067/tm.htm
Old 04-15-2006, 12:17 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Holy crap!

Tell him to have the whole engine checked over. If he has any sort of water inside the engine this could lead to a vaporlock.... I'd have the car wash pay for repairs, too.