Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best CAI with tunner package for GT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:56 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default Best CAI with tunner package for GT?

I know that some of you guys hate these questions whats the best this and whats the best that ....

But I posted this question because a friend of mine is going to order a CAI and a tuner ... so i told him go with brenspeeds tune and the C&L CAI ... but there is this mechanic in the shop who keeps saying that the predator tunner is the best on the market ...I know that the predator is good but I heard u dont have options in it like the sct xcalibrator 2 .... so my question is should we go for the predator or the XCAL2 ? and which CAI has the best power gains and quality ?

thanks
Old 04-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Evolution Performance
Former Sponsor

Default RE: Best CAI with tunner package for GT?

Get the CAI and XCal2 from Me!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:08 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

I know that some of you guys hate these questions whats the best this and whats the best that ....

But I posted this question because a friend of mine is going to order a CAI and a tuner ... so i told him go with brenspeeds tune and the C&L CAI ... but there is this mechanic in the shop who keeps saying that the predator tunner is the best on the market ...I know that the predator is good but I heard u dont have options in it like the sct xcalibrator 2 .... so my question is should we go for the predator or the XCAL2 ? and which CAI has the best power gains and quality ?

thanks
Stay away from the Mac Cold air kit. You'll be sorry on dyno day.[X(]
Old 04-17-2006, 08:48 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undefeated

thanks
Stay away from the Mac Cold air kit. You'll be sorry on dyno day.[X(]
is this a name of another Intake ?

and EVOPERFORMANCE >>> How many hp's does your C&L intakes and custom tunes give a stock mustang ? it's a 5-spd GT ... and what are your prices ? ( PM about the pricing )

Thank you,
Old 04-17-2006, 10:34 AM
2006gtstick
1st Gear Member

I got the C&L street/strip-SCT2 with Brenspeed 93 octane tune and I could'nt be happier. BIG power gain, C&L took about 30-40 min. to install, SCT2 took about 5 minutes to download tune to car. I have seen both the JLT2 and C&L, IMO the C&L is a lot better built. There was a article in the Jan. 06 issue of 5.0 M&SF. in which they rated 11 CAI's the C&L finished first. The JLT did produce slightly more HP and TQ, but the C&L was way up on Quality and durability.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:44 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

well now... I just called my friend to update him on what we got in here....I told him about the JLT and C&L diffrence he said he doesnt need all the power he said he needs power and quality all together... so now we say yes for the C&L intake .... but what is the better programmers .... no offence to any company.... but we want something simple that gives us a huge power gain and wont harm the engine at all... even after sometime ..... I dont know if this has anyeffect but after noon lets say from 11:00 pm till 3:00 the temp gets SOOO DAMN HOT .... and at these times we go out getting back from either college or work, and sometimes we push it alittle bit on the way home ....

Just thought i'd give you info about here so that you can give me perfect answeres ....
Old 04-17-2006, 12:49 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006gtstick

I got the C&L street/strip-SCT2 with Brenspeed 93 octane tune and I could'nt be happier. BIG power gain, C&L took about 30-40 min. to install, SCT2 took about 5 minutes to download tune to car. I have seen both the JLT2 and C&L, IMO the C&L is a lot better built. There was a article in the Jan. 06 issue of 5.0 M&SF. in which they rated 11 CAI's the C&L finished first. The JLT did produce slightly more HP and TQ, but the C&L was way up on Quality and durability.
You forgot to mention that in that article in which they rated the 11 CAI's in which C&L finished first the intake they used by JLT was not the JLTII which has been far more improved and much higher quality with the same power gains seen in that test. [>:]
Old 04-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

.... but what is the better programmers .... no offence to any company.... but we want something simple that gives us a huge power gain and wont harm the engine at all...
The best would be an experienced tuner in your local area for a custom tune. Other than that it seems to be a flip of the coin on who to buy it from.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:33 PM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Saud alzaabi,

We only hate the questions, when one doesn't utilize the search function first. Best of luck to you, I went the tune route minus the cai, and have gained 20 hp, 34 tq.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:34 PM
MIRAGEGT

Salam,
I live in the UAE, and i am running with the JLTII and SCT with the tune provided direct from JLT. I am very pleased with it, it is like having a new car ! Better response and awsome sound above 3000 RPM...
Also customer service is exellent with quick answer to any emailed question.
Do not forget to order the cleaning kit as I doubt we can find it here.
Good luck in your quest!

Quick Reply: Best CAI with tunner package for GT?