Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

Default Clear Bra

I decided to get one of those 3M clear bras installed and I have to tell you all that it's the poo! I got a rock chip right on my racing stripe (@ 2000 miles) and it cost 200 bux to fix. they had to fill it in, repaint the stripe, and clear coat the entire hood just to fix it. So I started asking around and found the guy that does the clear bras for lotus, mercedes, BMW, Lambo, and all the other high end cars in town. It was just over $700 and he even made a custom peice for my cdc chin spoiler, and a strip above the windshield. The kit covers the ENTIRE front end including all the lights (the film on the lights is much thicker and supposedly will take a 1 inch rock at 100mph w/o breaking your lense). I knew that perfection is asking a little much so a teeny air bubble, or a little piece of dust that snuck in, or even squeege ( so I can't spell...big whoop...wanna fight about it?) marks were expected. Needless to say I was a happy camper when I got the car back. You have to be within 10 feet to see it's there in the middle of the day (it's there in my sig pic but you can't see it)! Our cars are horrible at getting rockchips because of the crap paint and aero properties. If you're anything like me and have paid a buttload on paint I would highly recommend this mod. It can be removed later on and has no UV protective properties so all the paint fades the same. I will say, however, that an all black car really shows off the imperfections and I'm not sure I would do this if that were the case with mine. Where my stripes are you can see a little more of the imperfections because of the black background...but it's still worth it. If any of ya'll are interested and live in or around houston I would be happy to let ya see in person and introduce you to the guy who did mine.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:44 AM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Clear Bra

but nobody cares... enjoy your rock chips[sm=loser.gif]