Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Another satisfied JLTII/SCT Evolution Performance Customer

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:35 AM
RazorX

Default RE: Another satisfied JLTII/SCT Evolution Performance Customer

ORIGINAL: derck_mullin

Very happy with the tune, but the intake was more of a pain than I thought. Seemed like the filter didn't want to fit the intake tube quite right, so I had to keep messing with it. I finally got everything line up right and tightened down (after many frustrating attempts) and noticed the intake tube was scratched pretty badly. I looked to try to find the cause and believe it or not, the plastic cap on the PS fluid reservoir had put deep scratches/gouges in the intake tube. Guess I didn't realize it was that soft of plastic. Kinda makes me wonder about the overall durability. But, performs great and you can definitely hear the engine sucking through it. Like mentioned by RazorX, not a night and day kinda thing, but very happy overall. Also, having the ability to change fan settings, gear ratios etc will be needed later.
I’m sorry to hear your install was rough and the tube got scratched up. Did the filter not fit the tube correctly (too small)?

I see in your sig that 4.10's are next on your list. You will love the gear swap (4.10 or 4.30) and I guarantee you will really feel a major difference once they are in. [sm=gears.gif]

I was going to go with 4.10's but my installer talked me into the 4.30's. I was originally concerned with the RPM's when cruising on the highway but I am so glad I listened to him. The car really slams you into the seat now and the RPM’s are still very manageable up to 85 – 90mph. Fifth gear is so tall on these cars that you have to wonder if Ford did it to allow us to drop the gearing down and still have a streetable highway cruiser. [sm=devilangel.gif]

I feel like I have instant power all the time now (not saying the new 3v is slouch from the factory but...)
Old 04-25-2006, 02:29 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

RazorX,

My CAI + tuner in route. So I can't comment on the difference yet. The reason I brought up the VCT changes is from the post started by menace about a dyno day at Fred's place. And when I talked to Fred today he mentioned he is one of the few tuners that understands how to unlock the hinden power by adjusting the VCT. I understand about the night and day difference with gears. A friend put 4:10s in his 02 GT manual and compared to the anemic 3:27s the difference was quite noticable. My 06 GT is a manual, it is my understanding that the automatics dyno'ed lower than the manuals and with the tune they seem to even out which makes them seem to have a bigger change in whp equating to the huge difference in seat of the pants feel.

I hope the CAI and tune will quench my thirst for more power for a while. I would like 4:10s but the idea of changing something that will be permenent instead of me switching out the CAI if I have a warranty issue is holding me back . . . for now.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:18 AM
jdruid

I ordered mine from Evolution and got it in 2 days. Super quick ship. Very helpful on the phone. Install was a piece of cake.

Unbelievable performance? Not quite sure about that. Performance definitely. As with the other posts, throttle is very smooth and responsive and upper RPM's definitley benefit from the tune.

Need to get the 4:10's on soon.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:49 AM
drf
1st Gear Member

Now you need one of these to really make that engine bay look great.

http://www.midwestautogear.com/05_GT_Cover.htm