Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steeda underdrive pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:58 AM
waltc10
1st Gear Member

Default Steeda underdrive pulleys

Should i purchase the steeda underdrive pulleys or not? If so, where can i find them at a low price? Do they even help that much?

My only mods so far is a k&n replacement filter,hc filter delete, and axle-back flowmasters. What next?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda underdrive pulleys

Yeah they are great, give you around 10 extra horses. Steeda has them on sale i think through there website. try there.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:26 AM
jts
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: waltc10

Should i purchase the steeda underdrive pulleys or not? If so, where can i find them at a low price? Do they even help that much?

My only mods so far is a k&n replacement filter,hc filter delete, and axle-back flowmasters. What next?
You might want to read the other post about warranty being denied
because od u/d pulleys.waranty denied
Old 04-19-2006, 11:24 AM
RPM

I wouldn't let one bad a-hole dealer experience give the impression that ALL dealers will deny ALL warranty work just because of UDPs. I have had them on a prev mustang and my dealer never gave me chit about any warranty work. It's all up to the particular dealer and other intangables (like how your rapport is with them and how you negoiate). I'd do it!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Now, one thing i noticed that people have said about these, Steeda esp, is that when you started the car cold, it makes a horrible belts loose sound until it warms up. Might want to check into that if it would REALLY get on your nerves like it would mine.

-W
Old 04-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: woodywoody

Now, one thing i noticed that people have said about these, Steeda esp, is that when you started the car cold, it makes a horrible belts loose sound until it warms up. Might want to check into that if it would REALLY get on your nerves like it would mine.

-W

I don't have any squeel.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:33 PM
JoeJP

No squealling here either.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:48 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

Has anyone upgraded their alternator along with getting the UDP? When I get my 07 I was thinking of doing CAI+tune then UDP within the first few months but I wouldnt do UDP without any alternator upgrade just because of the fact that Ive heard "things". Input on this?

Also, issues with water pump? Ive tried doing a search on this but I never saw straight answers as to "if you get UDP, make sure you strengthen here and there just incase" Thanks for the help.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:56 PM
JPS51830

I wouldnt do UDP without any alternator upgrade just because of the fact that Ive heard "things". Input on this?

Also, issues with water pump?
Before I put the SC on I had Steeda UD's and had zero issues and no noise at all. I only have the stock Shaker 500 system so there was no drain on the system at all. No light dimming at night at idle, temp was the same as with the stock pulley.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Old Ford Lover
1st Gear Member

No problems at all with mine. No noise. Went in easily (pull the fans!). I simply talked w/ my dealer. Anything I do that doesn't crack the engine or trans, he will warrant (they're a bunch of gearheads there). We had 100 degree days, no overheat and I've never had alt problems.

Quick Reply: Steeda underdrive pulleys