Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Mods...any guess on RWHP !?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:48 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT Mods...any guess!?!?!?!

Forgett the TB!! Spend the money on UDP's or Charge Motion Delete plates. The TB is very hit or miss tech right now. UDP's will give 5-10hp easy and CMD plates are equal. Add in an EH2O pump and you have around 25-30hp put that on top of a custom DYNO tune and you will get 30-40 total in the end. Drop in 4:10 gears, BMR lower control arms, BMR lower control arm brackets, BMR upper control arm and you are sitting in an low 12sec car. WITHOUT N2O add laughing gas and you are in the 10's
Old 04-19-2006, 11:47 PM
JPS51830

Default RE: GT Mods...any guess on RWHP !?!?!?!

Forgett the TB!! Spend the money on UDP's or Charge Motion Delete plates. The TB is very hit or miss tech right now.
I agree, and if you don't want to put an SC on the car, then go long tubes and O/R X or H pipe with at least 4.10's. If you plan on putting an SC on then go 3.73's.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:40 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Ghost
Forgett the TB!! Spend the money on UDP's or Charge Motion Delete plates. The TB is very hit or miss tech right now. UDP's will give 5-10hp easy and CMD plates may see some gain. Add in an EH2O pump and you have around 15-20hp put that on top of a custom DYNO tune AFTER AN INTAKE and you will get 30-40 total in the end. Drop in 4:10 gears, BMR lower control arms and SLICKS and you are sitting in an HIGH 12sec car. WITHOUT N2O add laughing gas and you are in the 11's
*.fixed
Old 04-20-2006, 12:41 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

He said he was doing that in the original post, Plus an exhaust. I didn't see a need to repeat what he said he was going to do. I offered options to the TB and suggested some other stuff. 100shot N2O can put him in high 10's (WITH EVERYTHING MENTIONED ON HIS AND MY POST). Spyder is about to break into 11's N/A, he may have allready. And I see you do not see the need for the lower controll arm brackets or upper controll arm. Our rear ends suffer from A LOT of bushing squirm when dragging. The lower brackets WILL allow your rear end to push directly on the lowers without any deflection. The top controll arm just makes it tighter. And all together mine worked out to the tune of 1.62 60ft time. on the stock street Pirellii P-Zero tires. From a 1.88 before.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Billhyco

I have heard such mixed reviews with the TB. The people on this thread that keep saying "NO TB", have you actually tried it and failed or is this hear say? And if you did try it did you have the shaker hood system with it?????
Old 04-20-2006, 03:38 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Yes, lots of guys have had problems with throttle bodies on '05+ Stangs that's why I said you should be able to find an excellent deal on a used one. That is also why MusiccityGT said he would give you a deal on a Motoblue one above. Check here to see his troubles.

If you search this board and others you will find lots of guys that have gone back to their stock throttle bodies.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Billhyco

I have heard such mixed reviews with the TB. The people on this thread that keep saying "NO TB", have you actually tried it and failed or is this hear say? And if you did try it did you have the shaker hood system with it?????
i have one. i gained 11rwhp and almost 14rwtq by just bolting it on. part of that was due to increased laminar air flow, and part of that was due to leaning it out a lil up high. i still have idle and down-rev issues though. worth it IMO in my case, but not for everyone esp considering the 400$ and no guarantee of success vehicle to vehicle

sorry ghost, although i still feel the same about some of your claims, i apologize for coming across so hard. btw, im ordering lca brackets this week...but they arent nec unless your car is lowered, and uca's are overkill unless you are pulling sub-1.5 60's. just replacing the bushings will get the job done until then. there are very few streetable 05s into the 10s so far, so claiming it as easy with some bolt ons and nitrous is just a lil overstated is all
Old 04-20-2006, 03:58 PM
GhostPony
2nd Gear Member

Mixed reviews on the TB???
Sorry, I must have missed the reviews that say it gives you any horspower or better throttle response.
I have seen lots of people complain of NO power gains, and poor return to idle.
Maybe someone can post a link to a thread made by a customer that had good results (not just one posted by GMS, a company that sells these)
Old 04-20-2006, 05:33 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

I am Waiting for Ford to come out with a TB

Paitence, many better parts will be coming also tackeling the

computer will become easier, it always does, remember in 96 when the 4.6 came out

and nobody knew anything, samething here, but even better since everyone in there mother

is jumping on the Bandwagon, I am waiting for the Ford Stuff to come out, i am in no rush, i will have this car forever..
Old 04-21-2006, 12:20 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT Mods...any guess on RWHP !?!?!?!

Edit...

Quick Reply: GT Mods...any guess on RWHP !?!?!?!