Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Had Dyno Tune today "Strange Results"

Old 04-22-2006, 01:11 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default Had Dyno Tune today "Strange Results"

In December I had a Dyno Tune on my 2005 Mustang GT Auto Trans,
Mods: SCT II Tune, K&N Aircharger and MAC Axle Back.
My Dyno Numbers were 270HP 280TQ (Temp 55F Low Hum )

Today I had another Dyno Tune this time I had the following:
Mods: SCT II Tiner , JLT II CAI, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, 62MM TB and Mac Axle Back 4.10:1 Gears.
My Dyno Numbers were 270HP 285TQ (Temp 70F Raining)

I was under the impression the the larger MAF in the JLT CAI got better HP than the K&N also I thought that the UDP also made gains, but as the Dyno shows I made no gains. Can anyone explain why I did not get higher hp gains??

Also this was on the Same Dyno and Same Tuner....

Is all these Aftermarket parts just a waist of money and time, is the tune the only gain on these cars? Arrg pissed
Old 04-22-2006, 01:25 AM
Andrew_06_GT

Default RE: Had Dyno Tune today "Strange Results"

seems like the temperature changes could have played a big role. I think this is GOOD example that the TBs don't do crap and are worthless unless you go forced induction. At least you got more torque...
Old 04-22-2006, 02:04 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Most likely you need a better custom tune, although I personally feel that T/B's and UDP's are a total waste of money and do nothing for the car other than give you some numbers (which in this case didn't even do) on your dyno sheet. With that said I would find another tuner(you very likely might have to travel), but the car should've definately made more than your last passes. You should've done at least two runs IMO, and hopefully warmed your car up a little before putting it up on the dyno.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:26 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Five Pulls total, they had a fan on the front of the car all day long. first three pulls
were within 15 min of each other, 4th and 5th were a 1/2 hour apart.

I know this guy is a very good tuner, I have talked to several people and they all say he rocks.
there is one big difference between the two dynos, I upgraded the firmware on my SCT Tunner from SCT in March.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

Everything I've heard about the TB's say that the stock is fine unless you go forced induction. So that's 0 gain on that. The larger MAF won't do anything if a larger TB didn't. So that's 0 gain on that. So all you have are UDP's which would show a slight gain. But those were cancelled out by the higher temperature and the much, much higher humidity (raining). Then of course you have the gears which would make sense for the 5 lbs tq gain.

Sounds like textbook for dyno results actually. Try it again on a dry 55* day and I bet you'll see a gain.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:20 AM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

The dyno numbers are corrected for different temp and weather conditions so that should look the same. With no number changes when going to larger MAF and TB just says the old ones were large enough for the air the engine is making. The 5# torque gain maybe from the underdrive pullies.
Was the before and after curves laid on top of each other or was the peak power shifted to a different RPM?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:02 PM
JPS51830

I think this is GOOD example that the TBs don't do crap and are worthless unless you go forced induction
+1
Old 04-22-2006, 11:57 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Replaced the Throttle Body with the Stock one, No power drop or gain, notice the throttle lag is back, but the dyno tune needs some tweeking, there is a flat spot in the acceleration at low end, like it is bogging down. there doe'nt seem to be as much power as when I had the stock 3.31's and the K&N Tune, I hope they can tweek it next week.

Any ideas, had anyone experienced this with 4.10 gear swap ot tune...
Old 04-23-2006, 12:23 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I had a dynotune done , diablo tuner, and made 305 rhp and 333rwt with exhaust and Airaid. No MAF or UDP's. Had a Motoblue T/B that was worthless. Back to original, no lag or flat spots. I added 4:10's after the tune and it leaves like a rocket. Had to do full race suspension to hook the thing. Steeda 3rd link, race LCA's and Panhard and Steeda Torque bars. D/Rs next.

Sounds like you need to have the tune double checked for sure.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:52 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Yea, the exhaust smells so bad, I think it's running real rich... the Dyno was showing 12.7 a/f

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Had Dyno Tune today "Strange Results"