Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone installed a squirt kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:53 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default Anyone installed a squirt kit?

Adam and I sent our blocks out to a friend of his who specializes in turbos. He is putting in a squirt kit. I actually never thought about it before but after it was brought to my attention, I figured keeping those pistons cool might be a good thing...lol

Anyway, I'm getting charged $500 for it and wondered if anyone else has thought about it/doing it/done it?

(For those wondering - a squirt kit is a kit that squirts oil directly onto the pistons to keep them much cooler)

Old 04-25-2006, 07:28 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone installed a squirt kit?

I believe the motorcycles have done that for a while on the underside of the pistons for cooling.
I remember my 82 Suzuki 1100 advertised that. When you start putting out 2 hp per cubic inch it comes in handy.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:03 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

The Mitsubishi turbo engines come this way. I put a Dodge Conquest (mitsi starion) engine in a mighty max pickup and the turbo block had squirters aimed at the wrist pins. My understanding was for help at high RPM. That motor would turn 8000rpm safely. I imagine it has to help with cooling, but in a V-8 that would be a LOT of presure drop going to the bottom wouldn't it. If memory serves (we are talking 20 years ago) they are plumbed into the main bearing galley in the block. I would think x8 would require a VERY stout oiling system.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:49 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

The Mitsubishi turbo engines come this way. I put a Dodge Conquest (mitsi starion) engine in a mighty max pickup and the turbo block had squirters aimed at the wrist pins. My understanding was for help at high RPM. That motor would turn 8000rpm safely. I imagine it has to help with cooling, but in a V-8 that would be a LOT of presure drop going to the bottom wouldn't it. If memory serves (we are talking 20 years ago) they are plumbed into the main bearing galley in the block. I would think x8 would require a VERY stout oiling system.
Thanks for the info Ghost. You are correct. I have already added the morroso oil pan so the car can hold 8 1/2 quarts and we are dealing with the oil pressure issues. I found out the Ford GT has it so that helps me out a lot with looking into the GT set-up to see comparisons for the build. Our stock pumps have a high output so I'm hoping to find the GT uses a similiar pump. If it does, then I'm good to go with just having the increased oil supply. Either way, we'll work it out. I'll be running 16-18 psi in high rpm with the Vortech with 150 shot N20 at the track so I want the set-up. It actually cools your pistons up to 200-300 degrees.