Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How to make the Black GT look better.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 02:11 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default How to make the Black GT look better.

I just got a 06 GT Black.
I was wanting to make it look a bit dazzier without going all out street looking on it.
Kinda add some pizzaz with the sleekness of the black still there.
I don't want it to look like a street racing macing but I do want it to look unique in a modest way.
Ive seen the grey racing stripes on black but Ive seen it common coming stock. I was wondering how BLACK would look on a black car. Would it even show?
What other little things could I do without making it look like a dragster?
thanks all!
Old 04-29-2006, 03:28 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How to make the Black GT look better.

You really want to make her look unique without it coming off as a street racer.......then stay away from stripes. I suggest you find yourself a cool aftermarket hood and maybe a spoiler(if u want one). Then maybe think about some wider tires (for the rear wheels at least). Throw some tint on the windows and BAM.......one unique black GT. She won't draw as much unwanted attention (ie: ricers) from a distance as she would with stripes and/or a bodykit......but from close in you'll be able to tell that it is unique. JMO
Old 04-29-2006, 03:53 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

You really want to make her look unique without it coming off as a street racer.......then stay away from stripes. I suggest you find yourself a cool aftermarket hood and maybe a spoiler(if u want one). Then maybe think about some wider tires (for the rear wheels at least). Throw some tint on the windows and BAM.......one unique black GT. She won't draw as much unwanted attention (ie: ricers) from a distance as she would with stripes and/or a bodykit......but from close in you'll be able to tell that it is unique. JMO
Hey now, don't diss the stripes man! They may be common on this here forum but on the street, I have yet to see another black one with any stripes!
Mine has them so they must rock! However they were a very difficult decision to make, but since I love the '67 Shelby I had to go black with white stripes.

Old 04-29-2006, 04:57 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Hey now, don't diss the stripes man! They may be common on this here forum but on the street, I have yet to see another black one with any stripes!
Mine has them so they must rock! However they were a very difficult decision to make, but since I love the '67 Shelby I had to go black with white stripes.

Hey now my good man......not so fast. I am doing white stripes once my performance mods are done lol. I was just telling him that if he wanted to stay black (and lets face it, less noticed) that a few body mods would be the way to go. But I have known since before I even ordered my 05 that I would be doing white stripes on a black GT.

I also agree that white stripes on black is still not very common. For some reason ppl with black mustangs seem to shy away from them in favor of silver stripes. But to them, I say.........look upon a black car with white stripes in person, and you'll see why it can't be beat.[8D] I mean, com'on, it's a classic Shelby paint scheme! And once my performance mods are complete........my DCF hood and spoiler shall be ordered, and then the full length 10" white rally stripes shall be painted..........hell yea.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:15 PM
STANGLVR
1st Gear Member

Try
www.ponybuilder.com
It has some different things you can "try on" your stang to give you some ideas
Old 04-29-2006, 02:59 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

I have a black vert with 20" racing GTR racing rims and 315 wide tires on the rear. I dropped it with steeda springs, and slapped on the flowmasters. Gives it a LOT of pisazz and I am always getting comments at the gas pump. Hot looking car....without looking rice. I am contemplating putting on some sort of subtle gold pinstriping/stripes in some places....not sure where yet cause i dont want to overdo it. If you beg me enough I will drag my lazy **** outside and take some new picks.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:24 PM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

I love my silver stripes,,,,I would definitely get some rims 18 or 20's, then that would really set it off.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20677/849E7F60585E4E6CB308100AC43221D4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-29-2006, 07:23 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

I've been eyeing that DCF hood myself, that and Halibrand type wheels to fill the wheel wells and maybe lower it about an inch to complete the look. Now if only these would get some pricing!
The new Cobra 427 rims from American Racing, still no price for them... unless I've gone blind and didn't see it.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:25 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: macca

I have a black vert with 20" racing GTR racing rims and 315 wide tires on the rear. I dropped it with steeda springs, and slapped on the flowmasters. Gives it a LOT of pisazz and I am always getting comments at the gas pump. Hot looking car....without looking rice. I am contemplating putting on some sort of subtle gold pinstriping/stripes in some places....not sure where yet cause i dont want to overdo it. If you beg me enough I will drag my lazy **** outside and take some new picks.
Ok, not the thread but your post is! Dude, post some pics!
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 04-30-2006, 03:38 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

You should try replicating the new GT-H. I think it's coming with Gold stripes down the body. Not sure about side stripes.
http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pepainter.html
Don't do White!
I liked Satin Silver and Mineral Grey.

Quick Reply: How to make the Black GT look better.