Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen Supercharger for my GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:11 AM
jassem

Default Saleen Supercharger for my GT

hi guys, i'm thinking of adding a Saleen Supercharger on my 06 Mustang GT. i found it on Ebay, and according to the seller, no other upgrades are needed to have it install and the stock car can take it, but doesn't someone agree with me that at least the headers/pipes should be upgraded to take the boost power out?

regards

[IMG]local://upfiles/36246/3E0ECF0EDDCB4D7CA66A921443720642.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-06-2006, 10:43 AM
MJDGator

Default RE: Saleen Supercharger for my GT

From everything that I have read on this forum the one thing people almost always upgrade with a sc is to go with 39# injectors. I think you may also need to at least regap your plugs or get new (cooler) ones but someone else may want to comment on that.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:35 AM
01RobGT
1st Gear Member

That kit comes with all the fuel and tuning you need i believe. You can leave the car stock but its not recomended. Probably should upgrade your drive shaft who knows how long the 2 pieces will stay together with 400 450 hp. Exhaust is must with any car that is supercharged or turbo. Got to let her breath. Also with that kit you might need to get a new hood with a little more cowl, so you might want to look into that.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Kit should have everything you need. You do not need different exhaust, KB was pushing like 500+ HP with the stock system. As far as I have heard the Sallen SC do not push much over 400HP.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:05 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

I ve got the saleen s/c on my saleen and im putting 401 rwhp. The dont require it but you need to upgrade the injectors. Everything else is there
Old 05-06-2006, 03:24 PM
01RobGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

I ve got the saleen s/c on my saleen and im putting 401 rwhp. The dont require it but you need to upgrade the injectors. Everything else is there
Do you have the stock hood? Also what about the drive shaft how well do they hold up stock?I know some people say they aren't very good for higher hp. I was looking into the whipple or saleen system if i decide to go SC. Just some things i was thinking about before i do decide to get some type of boost sc/turbo.

Thanks for any info
Old 05-06-2006, 04:05 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

I have the stock n/a saleen hood which is the same as the Gt hood. No need to upgrade there.
You go to remember Saleen does not upgrade the driveshaft on the Saleen S/C cars so I dont think you will need to either.

I will also tell you this what ever s/c or turbo you go with, the bottom end of this engine has known to blow with to much boost and hp. Unless your going forge internals etc, be sure to know that you are at risk at your engine going bye bye. There are plenty of post on here about that.

Saleen s/c gets you plenty of Hp with little boost which in return is better on your engine.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

the saleen tune is dangerously lean!...get the39# injectors and a quality dyno tune

My mech. is working with saleen and he said they will start offering upgraded SC kits with fuel pump and injectors in the near future
Old 05-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Airborneflyguy

the saleen tune is dangerously lean!...get the39# injectors and a quality dyno tune

My mech. is working with saleen and he said they will start offering upgraded SC kits with fuel pump and injectors in the near future
Or get a Kenne Bell and forget about it!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:19 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jassem
according to the seller, no other upgrades are needed to have it install and the stock car can take it
This is technically an accurate statement. But I wouldn't push too hard on the tune with everything in stock trim. If you plan on utilizing what you are wanting to purchase, then plan on buying 39lb injectors and also consider changing out your MAF and sensor. Because around 420 or so hp you will start pegging out the stock sensor.
ORIGINAL: jassem
but doesn't someone agree with me that at least the headers/pipes should be upgraded to take the boost power out?
Not necessary. The stock exhaust flows remarkably well. Yes, you will see a performance gain from doing so, but it is not a "have to" thing.

ORIGINAL: Meangreen1200
As far as I have heard the Sallen SC do not push much over 400HP.
Hell, I guess I better detune mine then.

Quick Reply: Saleen Supercharger for my GT